Nintendo $20 EShop
Nintendo $20 EShop
Mature Board Viewing
PSN Gift Card $20
PSN Gift Card $20
From Sony State Of Play Sept 2022

new Eve PLOT from Jan State of Play 2024

Dev interview:

Kim Hyung Tae, SHIFT UP CEO and Stellar Blade Director: “I felt that I wanted to release a high-quality game on a single platform. And so when it came to deciding on which platform, I determined PlayStation 5 would deliver the most optimal gameplay experience.”

Dongi Lee, Technical Director: “By utilizing the fast loading of the SSD and the adaptive triggers of the DualSense, we’re aiming to increase the player’s sense of immersion.”

Kim: “I loved video games even before the emergence of PlayStation, but I didn’t have much money at that time… It was only when PlayStation launched that I really started playing games. So PlayStation played a large part in shaping my personal values about games.”

Regarding NieR: Automata Influences

Kim:
“Yes. NieR: Automata was a huge driving force behind me working on this project. It made me realize once again that I wanted to make a game like Stellar Blade.

“Also, as a fan, God of War is really just my favorite game. It taught me that you can experience a vast world without being completely open-world.

“I’ve also gotten inspiration from a lot of other titles like Bayonetta, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, and Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order.”

Regarding the Action

Kim:
“When it came to the action, we started with the idea that ‘we want to express everything a female character can do while wielding a sword.’ We also want to make it fun with speedy and flashy movements. But we didn’t want one-sided battles in which the player simply spams skills, so we created a balance where the enemy’s movements must be carefully assessed.

“In the beginning, you will mainly be using combos to defeat enemies. But as you progress, other gameplay mechanics will appear, like responding to enemy attacks with actions such as a perfect parry or perfect evasion.

“In the latter half, we introduce organic interactions where the player fights using skills and energy acquired thus far. So I think it’s a type of action game with a robust sense of strategic enjoyment.

“On top of that, there are some pleasant and exhilarating actions, as well as original actions that differ per monster for the player to experience.”

Regarding the Game Flow

Kim:
“Various factors will contribute to the protagonist’s development. Some sections of the game are progressed in a linear fashion, but once you come across villages inhabited by people, it feels like a semi-open world, allowing you to move around freely to an extent.

“Beyond that, the game progresses again with linear gameplay, to another semi-open world part, and so on. It’s all seamless, so there aren’t any unnatural interruptions to your gameplay experience.”

Kim also confirmed it is not a stage-based game, and Lee confirmed that it is a single-player game.

Regarding the Character Design

Kim:
“I aimed for an evolution that reflected the design style that I’ve built up so far, while also not deviating too much from the worldview of Stellar Blade. I also wanted to intentionally create a sense of discomfort by having Eve, a character who arrives in a post-apocalyptic world, feel a little out of place.”

Regarding the Worldview

Kim:
“It’s the distant future where the concept of ‘years’ that we live in now has long been lost. That’s not to say all traces of the past are completely gone, but rather the world is culturally connected.”

Regarding Eve’s Costumes

Kim:
“As you progress through the game, you may obtain materials or design documents for costumes. There are also costumes that can be purchased in the village, allowing Eve to acquire and change between a variety of different outfits.

“Costumes have no close connection to the story, but were included as an element that aims to bring out out the character’s charm. Eve has about 20 to 30 costumes. Like Eve, costumes for (her companions) Adam and Lily are also being prepared. There are some rare costumes as well, so I hope players look forward to them.”

So Play time is expected to be about 25 hours for the main story and 30 to 50 hours for all the collection elements.

Stellar Blade Dev said he paid special attention to Eve's Back PLOT lol

"When it comes to the design, we put special attention on the back of the character because the player is always facing the back of the character when they're playing. That's what they see the most of, so we thought this was pretty important."

ESRB rating mentioning jiggling combat PLOTs lol

This is an action-adventure RPG in which players assume the role of a super soldier battling an invading alien force. From a third-person perspective, players explore apocalyptic environments and complete mission objectives while battling enemies (e.g., alien creatures, humanoid) in melee-style combat. Players use blades, machine guns, and laser blasters to kill enemies. Battles are fast paced, highlighted by sword slashes, large explosions, and realistic gunfire. Blood-splatter effects occur frequently as enemy creatures are slashed and dismembered. Some cutscenes and battle sequences depict close-up images of impalement, dismemberment, and decapitation. The game depicts some female characters in revealing costumes (e.g., deep cleavage; skintight, flesh-toned body suits), with breasts that jiggle during combat. The word “sh*t” appears in the game.

ESRB rating mentioning jiggling combat PLOTs lol

This is an action-adventure RPG in which players assume the role of a super soldier battling an invading alien force. From a third-person perspective, players explore apocalyptic environments and complete mission objectives while battling enemies (e.g., alien creatures, humanoid) in melee-style combat. Players use blades, machine guns, and laser blasters to kill enemies. Battles are fast paced, highlighted by sword slashes, large explosions, and realistic gunfire. Blood-splatter effects occur frequently as enemy creatures are slashed and dismembered. Some cutscenes and battle sequences depict close-up images of impalement, dismemberment, and decapitation. The game depicts some female characters in revealing costumes (e.g., deep cleavage; skintight, flesh-toned body suits), with breasts that jiggle during combat. The word “sh*t” appears in the game.
Developers see their target audience as men :)

Reactions: cm2
Developers see their target audience as men :)
indeed lol and ESRB rating guys always having fun examining all bouncing/jiggling PLOTS in great detail in all video games lol

first 40 minutes of bouncy PLOTs demo gameplay video lol

More on Eve's hair PLOT:

Translated by Siliconera:

During the interview, Director Kim Hyung-Tae said that he wanted to take advantage of the capabilities of the PS5 to express the flow of movement of the costumes and hair. However, rendering Eve’s long ponytail proved to be a big challenge. When asked about development impact for Stellar Blade when rendering such long hair compared to a shorter haircut, the director said that development might have been about a year shorter if they settled on a shorter hairstyle.

Dong-Gi Lee revealed that the development team would sometimes ask if they couldn’t make Eve’s hair a little shorter. Kim Hyung-Tae confirmed that he “folded a bit” to the request, and allowed the inclusion of an in-game option to make Eve’s ponytail shorter.

Lily trailer:

Back