Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music

With it so much in the news of late, anyone here play or still play Smash Melee?

I played it for the first time since 2007 about 5 or 6 months ago, and if I'm being honest, it didn't age well at all. Every character, even the light characters, feel like they fall like a sack of bricks. It also doesn't feel very satisfying hitting a strong attack like in the later games. Speaking of getting hit, it feels like you can't really DI away from the blast zone and you just die. Easily the second worst Smash game after 64.

That said, I still have very fond memories of playing it with my ex-best friend, and playing as Young Link is what got me into wanting to play Legend of Zelda. Other than that, I feel like there's no reason to go back and play it. Especially with Ultimate just playing better.

Yeah going to this game from newer ones I always get my butt kicked on the first few matches since everything is so bulky/slow feeling.

Granted its still a decent game and I think most people who enjoy it are playing modified fix versions but me and my pals still enjoy it.

Back