Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Lets get a topic going shall we? So how is everyone doing in this?

So far I've unlocked all characters, beaten classic mode with a dozen characters, unlocked ~250 spirits (enhanced 4 of them). Haven't started World of Light yet.

I don't have Nintendo's online yet though (I'm planning on getting that tomorrow).

As for characters, I've been playing mostly Link, Samus, Cloud, Sonic, Captain Falcon and Bayonetta. Haven't really experimented with too many others yet. (I tried Simon Belmont once, he was pretty fun to play as.)

I'm really far in World of Light, but I can't say where I am because I don't want to spoil it.

As for everything else, I have more than half the characters, I've played Classic Mode with Young Link, Lucas, Princess Peach, and Kirby. Other than that, I haven't actually done any actual battles in the regular Smash mode, but I know I'm going to use Young Link and that's probably it. Besides maybe Lucas a few times.

Doing pretty well so far. Nearly at the last battle in World of Light, have unlocked all the characters, got about 500 or so Spirits and will hopefully polish off some of the remaining stuff this weekend or so. Oh, and beat one path in Classic Mode (with about 72 left to go).

So yeah, I'm enjoying it.

Doing pretty well so far. Nearly at the last battle in World of Light, have unlocked all the characters, got about 500 or so Spirits and will hopefully polish off some of the remaining stuff this weekend or so. Oh, and beat one path in Classic Mode (with about 72 left to go).

So yeah, I'm enjoying it.

have any trouble matches in WoL? Like the Rayman spirit?

I just beat WoL last night and it's so amazing, but my lips are sealed. My next goal is to beat Classic Mode with everyone and I've done with at least 10 characters so far. I'm not looking forward to Inkling, K. Rool, Ridley, Olimar, Ryu, Ken, Pichu, and Mr. Game and Watch because those are my worst characters to play as.

I actually had a lot of trouble playing as Meta-knight when I did Classic mode. I think I died 3 times in his storyline. But everyone else I've had no real issues with. (I usually start at like 2.5 or 3.0 intensity.) So far I've beat Classic mode with about half the cast.

I just started World of Light yesterday too. So far it's been pretty easy given that I spent a lot of time doing Spirit Board beforehand so I had about 450 spirits already captured/acquired before even starting.
A couple really good primary spirits to get before going in are:
- Nightmare (obtained by upgrading X Parasites to lv99 then enhancing) - lifesteal on normal attacks.
- Skull Kid & Majora's Mask (upgrade Skull Kid to lv 99 and then enhance) - lifesteal on normal attacks.
- Megaman X: First Armour (upgrade X to lv99 then enhance) - no flinch on hit.

Secondaries:
- Polarbear (can be summoned by sacrificing Freezie and Bewear) - makes you slow but immune to flinching. (You can cheese just about every fight with Kirby using this... Forward+B on an enemy twice is almost always a guaranteed kill.)
- Roll - auto heal every few seconds.
- Latios / Latias - Immune to strong winds.
- Dhalsim (can be gotten from summoning, can't recall requirements) - immune to lava floors.
- Flashman - Immune to screenflip.
- Airman - Removes fog/poison fog from stages.

I've been chewing through World of Light now. (Unlocked 25 characters in it and upped my spirit count to around 650.) The legendary fights are a lot easier in World of Light due to the fact that the abilities can buff your character way more than spirits alone. Like there's an upgrade called Metal Killer which you get on the right side of the upgrade path that makes it easier to kill metal enemies. Having that means you can fight metal enemies without needing to waste a slot on a primary spirit to equip a similar skill.

Though I would like if the transformation spirits (like Petey Pirhana's Giant form) would last longer... like the full battle since the enemies can remain metal/giant full time. It means using those kind of spirits is not usually worth wasting a slot on. And using a spirit that has that effect as a primary isn't a good option. Especially since they tend to have fewer open slots for skills as a result.

Back