Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Sony has confirmed to IGN that it has severed its ties with SuperBot Entertainment, the fledgling Southern California studio put together specifically to create PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale.

Here is the comment Sony has provided to IGN:

Sony Computer Entertainment can confirm that the working agreement with developer SuperBot Entertainment has amicably ended. We have had a positive working relationship with this talented studio, and wish them the best of success in their next endeavor. PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale and the title’s forthcoming DLC releases will continue to be fully supported by Santa Monica Studio.

SuperBot Entertainment has provided IGN with the following comment:

SuperBot Entertainment can confirm that the relationship with SCEA has ended on good terms. We are extremely grateful to have had the opportunity to work on with Sony on Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale, and are extremely proud of the work we have done. SuperBot Entertainment will continue working on projects that reflect our passion for games and our commitment to creating award winning titles. We are very excited about beginning the next chapter of our future and invite all of our fans and supporters to follow our journey.

Additionally, a source has indicated to us, contrary to a report linked to below, that the studio will continue to live on and is currently seeking publishers interested in working with "an award-winning studio" such as SuperBot Entertainment.

source

Shame to hear it didn't work out, I hope someone partners up with them.

If PS All Stars is the only thing they made, then they probably won't get picked up.

The rights to PSABR got transferred to Sony Santa Monica (aka the studio that made God of War). So there is still going to be support and DLC for PSABR and the possibility of a sequel hasn't been ruled out yet. This time though it might be produced by Santa Monica. (Which I'm curious to see how that would turn out.)

As for Superbot, they made a pretty good game (which isn't bad for their first try really, and given more time they could produce some great games). So I hope they get to make more games.

Back