E3 Surviving Mars

Zoey

Full GL Member
Credits
I haven't seen a topic about this game so here it goes. Surviving Mars is a game being developed by the same people that made Tropico 5.

The whole point of the game is building a colony and managing it. The environment has some hostile things that you will have to manage and defeat in order to prevail.

Just judging from the trailer and the pictures they've shown so far it reminds me a lot of SimCity and simulation/building games which is what it will essentially be.

It is coming out for PS4, Xbox One, PC, Linux, and MAC.

Do you like the trailer? Any opinions?

I think I did see this but slipped up on posting it. Looks fun.

I'm definitely looking forward to it. I mean it may just end up being a reskinned Tropico but that's not necessarily a bad thing I think.

It's pretty interesting how quick on the trigger they were when it comes to this subject. Lately there has been a lot of talk when it comes to sending people to Mars, especially thanks to SpaceX and the level of popularity Elon Musk has. They sure didn't take their time when it comes to hitching a ride on the Mars hype train.

For the love of everything that is holy, let there be a Dwarf Fortress difficulty! :)

(For those not in the now, Dwarf Fortress is nigh impossible to beat. It's literally torture, heh).

Great trailer, looks intriguing but I'm not sure what kind of game it's gonna be. I like the concept though, it's like The Martian movie, but we're gonna have the chance to play out the scenarios and deal with the problems. I'll follow this game and check for updates.

Great trailer, looks intriguing but I'm not sure what kind of game it's gonna be. I like the concept though, it's like The Martian movie, but we're gonna have the chance to play out the scenarios and deal with the problems. I'll follow this game and check for updates.
I just hope we have random scenario aliens, each of which alter the game-play.

Play a game, and you get the squid-thing from Life; play another, and you get the Species from Species. All of them murder your incompetent colonists in the most horrific of ways, heh.

Well this is one trailer which is new to me! I really like this idea and the game looks fun. I'll probably give it a try.

I haven't seen a topic about this game so here it goes. Surviving Mars is a game being developed by the same people that made Tropico 5.

The whole point of the game is building a colony and managing it. The environment has some hostile things that you will have to manage and defeat in order to prevail.

Just judging from the trailer and the pictures they've shown so far it reminds me a lot of SimCity and simulation/building games which is what it will essentially be.

It is coming out for PS4, Xbox One, PC, Linux, and MAC.

Do you like the trailer? Any opinions?

Not sure what to think. I would like to see some actual gameplay. Gameplay trailers don't really show much. I guess I will wait for one and than decide what to think about it. The only thing I wonder is how far are they pushing stuff like the building, researching technologies, how many disasters or enemies it might have and are they going to allow big scale explorations. Those would prove fun.

I never truly got the hype towards these futuristic city building games. Don't get me wrong, my favorite games include Cities: Skylines, Civilization, and Rise of Nations. All city building strategy games, but they take place in history though or in the present day. You get to face problems like overpopulation, hunger, drought; disasters like earthquakes, tsunamis, and storms. For these futuristic city building games, it's on Alpha Centauri, or here it's Mars; you have to have an open mind as to believing whatever problems you will face. Be it aliens, poison gas, or whatever they might make up to throw at you to make building your human colony on another planet difficult. It's just not my thing.

I never truly got the hype towards these futuristic city building games. Don't get me wrong, my favorite games include Cities: Skylines, Civilization, and Rise of Nations. All city building strategy games, but they take place in history though or in the present day. You get to face problems like overpopulation, hunger, drought; disasters like earthquakes, tsunamis, and storms. For these futuristic city building games, it's on Alpha Centauri, or here it's Mars; you have to have an open mind as to believing whatever problems you will face. Be it aliens, poison gas, or whatever they might make up to throw at you to make building your human colony on another planet difficult. It's just not my thing.

Oh my God! You said Rise of Nations! You know how rarely people mention that great title, it is a shame. It is a well known game, but it does not get that much attention as some other older games similar to RoN. I could have played it for hours. It was extremely fun. Playing for 4+ hours with 1 rule - to conquer everyone. Not to mention how hard it could have been at times when you ran it on harder difficulties with handicaps. Although, this game does not look like that sort of a thing. I know I'm going a bit off-topic, but I have to mention Populous: The Beginning. Another old gem :)

Back