Nintendo Switch 2 ?

Read from eurogamer:

A report claiming Nintendo Switch 2 will now launch in Q1 2025 is spreading online.

Brazilian games journalist Pedro Henrique Lutti Lippe has stated Nintendo is now looking to release its next console in early 2025, though still within the 2024 financial year. The report is based on development sources now targeting that quarter for launch.

Eurogamer has heard similar whispers of an early 2025 launch from industry sources this week, though has not been able to concretely substantiate them. Nintendo Switch 2 had previously been widely tipped to arrive later this year. A move to the other side of Christmas into early 2025 would mean more time for the console's launch line-up to be readied, while keeping the financial benefit of Switch 2's launch within Nintendo's upcoming financial calendar.
I'm sure we'll hear 3-4 more news about different Nintendo Switch 2 release dates before the end of 2024 :)

I'm sure we'll hear 3-4 more news about different Nintendo Switch 2 release dates before the end of 2024 :)

Very possible.

Read from nintendolife:

According to a new report from Spanish outlet Vandal (thanks, VGC), the upcoming Switch successor - affectionately dubbed the 'Switch 2' - will ditch the rail system for the current Joy-Con controllers and replace it with a magnetic set up.

As such, whether the current Joy-Con controllers will actually work with the new system is unknown, as it's reported that the new console will be bigger than the current models, but it's also claimed that the Switch Pro Controller will work just fine.

Vandal claims to have received this information from numerous accessory manufacturers who have reportedly seen and touched the new console from Nintendo. While we'd still recommend taking this with a huge grain of salt, it should also be noted that the same site had correctly reported on features that would be included with the Switch OLED based on tips from accessory manufacturers, including a new kickstand and an ethernet port.

While it was assumed the Switch 2 would launch at some point in 2024, it's now looking increasingly likely that we'll see the console in 2025.

Hopefully the magnetic force will be strong enough, or you could accidentally drop the screen while playing it in portable mode.

Read from nintendolife:

According to a new report from Spanish outlet Vandal (thanks, VGC), the upcoming Switch successor - affectionately dubbed the 'Switch 2' - will ditch the rail system for the current Joy-Con controllers and replace it with a magnetic set up.

As such, whether the current Joy-Con controllers will actually work with the new system is unknown, as it's reported that the new console will be bigger than the current models, but it's also claimed that the Switch Pro Controller will work just fine.

Vandal claims to have received this information from numerous accessory manufacturers who have reportedly seen and touched the new console from Nintendo. While we'd still recommend taking this with a huge grain of salt, it should also be noted that the same site had correctly reported on features that would be included with the Switch OLED based on tips from accessory manufacturers, including a new kickstand and an ethernet port.

While it was assumed the Switch 2 would launch at some point in 2024, it's now looking increasingly likely that we'll see the console in 2025.
I know my kids will be happy when it releases they are huge Nintendo fans. They have 3 switches in the house including a switch for my grandson.

Reactions: cm2

Looks like someone might have leaked a lot of details?

Back