Nintendo Switch 2 ?

I'm personally love to see Nintendo go in a new direction like they usually do with new console releases but they'll probably be a bit cautious due to the wii u failure.

It would be cool if the CPU is backwards compatible with many older Nintendo games. I wonder if the Switch 2 would have better support for Virtual Reality.
It depends on what they plan to do with Switch 2. If it is a WHOLE new CPU or GPU, then BC gaming is not possible - look at how PS3 was released. Both the CPU and GPU was completely different. However, sometimes things can be as simple as BC via GPU, like PS4 to PS5.

Read from tweaktown:

Nintendo management seems to hint the next Switch 4K model will be backwards compatible with the current-gen Switch.

We've been reporting on a next-gen Switch for many years now. Nintendo through everyone a curveball back in 2017 when it announced the Switch uses an NVIDIA Tegra X1 SoC, the same kind you find in NVIDIA's Shield TV box. Another surprise was the mysterious Supplemental Computing Device from 2016, a patented attachment that connects to a Switch to boost processing power for cloud applications.

Since then, we've been postulating and researching possible avenues for the next Switch. Reports indicate the Super Switch/Switch 4K/Switch 2.0 will use NVIDIA's new powerful Orin T239 Tegra SoC to deliver higher-end performance akin to a PS4 or Xbox One. The Switch will also target 4K gaming with the help of NVIDIA's DLSS super-sampling tech, which has indeed been tested on mobile ARM processors.

Finally, we believe that the new Switch will use the current Switch OLED dock. The newer dock is capable of 4K 60FPS output thanks to its built-in MediaTek chip, but the current generation Switch model cannot output 4K gaming without some extra help. It's possible the current Switch generation could use DLSS in some capacity through cloud access and play games similarly as the new Switch.

Based on this interoperability of hardware and upscaling software, we've highlighted that backwards compatibility could likewise be possible in some way.

Now that i've had a bit more time to think, I'm struggling to get excited for this tbh. I don't know why, it just isn't really bothering me. Strange.

Now that i've had a bit more time to think, I'm struggling to get excited for this tbh. I don't know why, it just isn't really bothering me. Strange.
Maybe when it's finally out, you will have that spark feeling for it.

Read more stuff from tweaktown:

According to a new bit of info from Korean-based insider @OreXda, the NVIDIA Tegra chip for the Nintendo Switch successor will be built using Samsung's 5nm process - 5LPP, or Low Power Plus. Previous rumors suggested that the custom chip in the Switch 2 would be based on NVIDIA's Ampere architecture - which uses Samsung 8nm or TSMC 7nm - so this would be a big step up.

A move to a 5nm process could lead to better power efficiency alongside improved performance, bringing the console's capabilities in line with more modern home consoles.

According to a new bit of info from Korean-based insider @OreXda, the NVIDIA Tegra chip for the Nintendo Switch successor will be built using Samsung's 5nm process - 5LPP, or Low Power Plus. Previous rumors suggested that the custom chip in the Switch 2 would be based on NVIDIA's Ampere architecture - which uses Samsung 8nm or TSMC 7nm - so this would be a big step up.

A move to a 5nm process could lead to better power efficiency alongside improved performance, bringing the console's capabilities in line with more modern home consoles.

All kinds of what if or this might be used in the next tech will flood in the coming months.

The beauty of Samsung tech products. They always leave me impressed.

I'm all for faster processing because that means better speeds on e v e r y t h i n g.

Read from eurogamer:

A report claiming Nintendo Switch 2 will now launch in Q1 2025 is spreading online.

Brazilian games journalist Pedro Henrique Lutti Lippe has stated Nintendo is now looking to release its next console in early 2025, though still within the 2024 financial year. The report is based on development sources now targeting that quarter for launch.

Eurogamer has heard similar whispers of an early 2025 launch from industry sources this week, though has not been able to concretely substantiate them. Nintendo Switch 2 had previously been widely tipped to arrive later this year. A move to the other side of Christmas into early 2025 would mean more time for the console's launch line-up to be readied, while keeping the financial benefit of Switch 2's launch within Nintendo's upcoming financial calendar.

Read from gematsu and VGC

VGC has updated its story, stating that it has heard from multiple sources who said Nintendo recently briefed publishers on an internal delay in launch timing from late 2024 to early 2025. One source said the delay was so that Nintendo could prepare a stronger first-party lineup for the new console.

No way they launch on holiday season or just right after it. Kind irked they are pushing this back, they need new hardware out sooner than later.

Curious when they will reveal the actual hardware now? Most likely not until summer now if not fall.

I'm starting to worry that the already not-that-impressive-sounding upgrade is going to be behind the game with delays and such. I am excited for a Switch 2, but mostly for it to be a better Switch, and I feel like we are not going to really get that.

I'm starting to worry that the already not-that-impressive-sounding upgrade is going to be behind the game with delays and such. I am excited for a Switch 2, but mostly for it to be a better Switch, and I feel like we are not going to really get that.

Ugh that as well, they really need to up the hardware on it.

Back