froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Last month, leaked documents revealed that Microsoft would be making Windows 10 S, the restricted version of Windows 10 that can only run applications installed from the Microsoft Store, a mode of Windows rather than a separate version. That change is now official, and Joe Belfiore, corporate vice president for Windows, has provided further details on how S Mode will work in the future.

It will be available to all desktop versions of Windows, and removing the 10 S restrictions will be free for all.

Switching from Windows 10 S to regular Windows will be free for everyone

I think a small percentage of Windows 10 users will need to switch from Windows 10 S to the regular version of Windows 10. I have not heard of many people wanting to use Windows 10 S because it is a very restrictive OS which can only use Windows 10 Store Metro apps.

It is good that Microsoft decided to make the upgrade to Windows 10 free for all users instead of forcing users to pay.

they are most likely upgrading it since they no longer want to keep supporting it.

they are most likely upgrading it since they no longer want to keep supporting it.

I agree Microsoft Windows 10 S is not worth Microsoft time to support if there are only a few users who will most likely upgrade to Windows 10 if upgrading is free.

I think Microsoft also may not want to deal with refunds when buyers are unhappy with a Windows 10 S laptop. If upgrading to Windows 10 is free, buyers of Windows 10 S laptops are less likely to refund their Windows 10 S laptop if it is free to upgrade to Windows 10 for free.

Back