Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
As reported by Reuters, Take-Two Interactive has announced that the company is cutting about 600 employees or 5% of its workforce. The company is also selling off some of its office space, and is canceling the release of multiple projects that were in development. Take-Two believes this move will save the company $165 million annually in an effort to counter slowing revenue growth in PC and console gaming. Unfortunately, the company has not revealed what games have been axed.

This move may come as a surprise to some. Take-Two Interactive is in the process of closing a deal to buy Gearbox Entertainment for $460 million. The publisher is also approaching the release of the hotly-awaited Grand Theft Auto 6, which is extremely likely to see massive sales and profits for the company, even before any potential microtransactions come into the picture. However, the announcement of Gearbox Entertainment's acquisition was immediately followed by layoffs for the developer, perhaps hinting at the direction the publisher would be moving in.

Source

Layoffs seem to be the trend in the gaming industry these days. I wish those laid off well and hopefully, they will be able to find a new job fast.

Layoffs are becoming more common within the gaming industry and it is a shame. I believe that when we were in the early days of the pandemic and how things changed, many were hired for more hands and now that things are going back to normal, most are not needed like they were.

I do hope those laid off can find jobs within the gaming industry.

This is really some BS stuff from Take-Two, they've had nothing but near pure profits from GTA Online, no one should have been laid off or projects being axed like this.
Indeed. They are too greedy.

It is unfortunate news that gaming layoffs are more common these days. Hopefully, most workers will be able to quickly find new jobs.

Back