Tech and insurance

Kat66!

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Do you buy the extra insurance when buying a new tech gadget? Usually it's offered as an extended warranty on an item and also usually, it's more than it's really worth.

We never buy the extra warranty/insurance because of past experience. We compare the price to the item's price and then determine in the past if gadgets broke down enough to be repaired or replaced. It rarely was worth the extra expense. How about with you?

Usually I make things last after a warranty, but if I am unsure it's fine to pay a little extra.

No, I have not bought tech insurance for tech products I bought in the past.

I would if they were not awful. The last time I had insurance I ended up with a $300 fee to replace a broken $400 (new) phone that was 1.5 years old. I am much more of an advocate of buying devices you can afford to replace.

Do you buy the extra insurance when buying a new tech gadget? Usually it's offered as an extended warranty on an item and also usually, it's more than it's really worth.

We never buy the extra warranty/insurance because of past experience. We compare the price to the item's price and then determine in the past if gadgets broke down enough to be repaired or replaced. It rarely was worth the extra expense. How about with you?
We are the same. Now we do get the Best Buy Total Tech which covers all gadgets for repairs. But to get individual warranty or insurance, it's not worth it for us.

Back