Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music

On the morning of February 21, Depa brutally assaulted a Matanzas High School employee who tried to stop him from using his Nintendo Switch in class. While it was originally reported that the victim, Joan Naydich, confiscated his handheld, the paraprofessional later denied that claim, testifying how she simply asked him why he was playing video games in class. The inquiry reportedly irritated her former student, who started calling her expletives, prompting Naydich to head for the dean's office. It was then that Depa assaulted her, according to an injunction for protection petition that she later filed against the defendant.

Depa appeared in front of Circuit Judge Terence Perkins at the Kim C. Hammond Justice Center in Bunnell on Monday, October 30. He entered an open no-contest plea, meaning he will accept any conviction stemming from the case, but avoid a factual admission of guilt. The video footage of the brutal incident that was captured by a school security camera was the key piece of evidence that facilitated the proceedings. Judge Perkins scheduled Depa's sentencing for January 31 2024, as first reported by The Daytona Beach News-Journal.

I dont know how he can avoid an admission of guilt, he's literally ON camera attacking her. He doesnt need to say "yeah I did it".

I hope Depa will go to a mental asylum where he hopefully gets treatment for his violent behavior, so he is less likely to hurt other people again.

The no administration of guilt might be to help him on his future life by not having a true violent conviction on his record throughout life. I'm not positive, but it may help avoid creating a career criminal who can't get a job or higher education.

Let's look at the save files to look inside the mind of a violent gamer. Look at those games and see if any of them were of harmful intent.

Back