Tekken 3

luispas

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
This is my childhood best game. I remember that I had a Playstation 1 and I wanted so bad this game, but in my little town ti never came :( so I only played it when I went to this local where they had it.
I love the fight games, this a very interesting one, I know it's super old, but come on, it's a classic.
The histories, the characters, their abilities. Everything make this a legendary game. I'm sure that many of you had played this game before.​

I know I played this one with my brothers kind of a fun game.

This was one of the first games I played in the PS1. I think it was great but fighting games do get repetitive fairly quickly. The thing with Tekken (and fighting games in general) is that you have to memorize these button combinations against the enemy - and that's assuming the enemy isn't blocking - to get damage done outside of the basic punches and kicks. Massive combos are really hard to memorize, and even harder to pull off especially in PvP, so I really only play it for the story, to unlock the characters, and to basically at least play each character a few times.

This was one of the first games I played in the PS1. I think it was great but fighting games do get repetitive fairly quickly. The thing with Tekken (and fighting games in general) is that you have to memorize these button combinations against the enemy - and that's assuming the enemy isn't blocking - to get damage done outside of the basic punches and kicks. Massive combos are really hard to memorize, and even harder to pull off especially in PvP, so I really only play it for the story, to unlock the characters, and to basically at least play each character a few times.
I know that it could be very simple, do you ever played it with friends?
I'm sure that if you could try it with some friends you will see everything different. The combos are easy when you adapt yourself to one character, then everything is better.

Easily one of the best in the series. The gameplay was phenomenal for its time, and I still play it up to now with my friends using emulation. This game was what made me really hyped for the game's future, and although Tekken 4 didn't live up to the hype for me, Tekken 5 sure did! I'm also still looking for Jin's jacket online if anyone knows where I could get one lmao (non-US).

Easily one of the best in the series. The gameplay was phenomenal for its time, and I still play it up to now with my friends using emulation. This game was what made me really hyped for the game's future, and although Tekken 4 didn't live up to the hype for me, Tekken 5 sure did! I'm also still looking for Jin's jacket online if anyone knows where I could get one lmao (non-US).
Totally, I feel the same, not even the 4th was so good as the 3rd. I don't know about that Jacket :(

When combos we're not a thing yet. My favorite characters were Eddy, Hwoarang, Law and Paul with his famous 1 hit attack. I finished this game a lot of times, I like beating up Evil Ogre. This is one of my favorite fighting games.

When combos we're not a thing yet. My favorite characters were Eddy, Hwoarang, Law and Paul with his famous 1 hit attack. I finished this game a lot of times, I like beating up Evil Ogre. This is one of my favorite fighting games.
You just spam one strong attack with each player and it's done. Paul's Phoenix strike, for one. It's one hit charge and the person's dead. And it's not that hard of a move to pull off, too. The breakdancing style really didn't do it for me, as I felt I was just randomly hitting buttons on offense. Also, Yoshimitsu's offense involves him stabbing himself repeatedly. What the hell was that all about.

Totally, I feel the same, not even the 4th was so good as the 3rd. I don't know about that Jacket :(
4th wasn't that good? Then it's for the best since I only played 3, 5, and 7. Apparently there's a thing in games where only odd numbers are good, while the even ones are garbage and don't do as well. Civ 3, 5 for example.

You just spam one strong attack with each player and it's done. Paul's Phoenix strike, for one. It's one hit charge and the person's dead. And it's not that hard of a move to pull off, too. The breakdancing style really didn't do it for me, as I felt I was just randomly hitting buttons on offense. Also, Yoshimitsu's offense involves him stabbing himself repeatedly. What the hell was that all about.

It's the same thing with today's Tekken, it's about spamming combos and you need to wait for a few seconds until your opponent finishes his combo. Yoshi is a weird character. I love his teleportation move and healing.

I think Tekken 3 featured the first moment in my blossoming gaming career where I went full rage mode on someone. I was fighting in multiplayer with my cousin, and while I was trying to be tactical and intentionally pull off all my moves and combos, she was just button mashing and spamming moves. And as many of us have probably experienced, I was getting my 8 year old butt handed to me. I threw the controller down in a fit of rage, "That's no fair! You're not even trying and you're still better than me" and then stormed out of the room.

Memories.

It's the same thing with today's Tekken, it's about spamming combos and you need to wait for a few seconds until your opponent finishes his combo. Yoshi is a weird character. I love his teleportation move and healing.
Yoshi is a weird character indeed. Oh, you're about to lose the round? Here, stabbing yourself in the stomach would probably help. Nope? Stab yourself again the next round and see what happens next! And it's all about blocking and dodging as well, not just trying to get your combos in. I love how in Tekken 7 they added a slow motion gameplay when the player is low on health. It makes dodging a killing blow all that more satisfying.

Yoshi is a weird character indeed. Oh, you're about to lose the round? Here, stabbing yourself in the stomach would probably help. Nope? Stab yourself again the next round and see what happens next! And it's all about blocking and dodging as well, not just trying to get your combos in. I love how in Tekken 7 they added a slow motion gameplay when the player is low on health. It makes dodging a killing blow all that more satisfying.

I understand your point. I didn't like Yoshi at first too, but the character grew on me. What I didn't like about the combos is that they're too long. I haven't tried Tekken 7 yet, maybe I'll give it a chance.

I understand your point. I didn't like Yoshi at first too, but the character grew on me. What I didn't like about the combos is that they're too long. I haven't tried Tekken 7 yet, maybe I'll give it a chance.
Akuma is there for some reason. Like the first of I think a large crossover between Street Fighter and Tekken. His moves and button assignment is more in line with the Street Fighter one, so if you're a fan of both I think you'll enjoy it. Lots of new characters, and the story mode finally finishes the main story between Kazuya and Heihachi.

Akuma is there for some reason. Like the first of I think a large crossover between Street Fighter and Tekken. His moves and button assignment is more in line with the Street Fighter one, so if you're a fan of both I think you'll enjoy it. Lots of new characters, and the story mode finally finishes the main story between Kazuya and Heihachi.

Oh, nice. I've watched the trailer and seen him there, I was like isn't Akuma in Street Fighter? I like Street Fighter, and I'm actually excited for this. Thanks for the info.

Oh, nice. I've watched the trailer and seen him there, I was like isn't Akuma in Street Fighter? I like Street Fighter, and I'm actually excited for this. Thanks for the info.
It was okay. Game's Tekken but on the PC. If your PC can handle the system requirements, and you have a controller ready, you'll enjoy it. Akuma's playstyle is more of Street Fighter's, not Tekken's, so if you want to learn him as a Tekken fan you'll have to start from scratch. SF fans praise the character though, since Akuma still has his roots on SF but the fighting meshed well with a Tekken game which is more martial arts based and not energy beams and rapid movements like in Street Fighter.

Woah, treasured games. There are no Tekken 7 right now because of this, I remember to play this on arcade stalls and on my PS2 before. There are limited characters to use because it just includes the primary characters of the game but I love it because we battle PvP with two different controllers and bet who will win.

I played this game in many consoles. I played it in a PSP, Gameboy Advance SP, and in PS4. I really like this game and I played it with my friends and classmates. We really like the competition behind it. It is a very fun arcade game.

I remember playing this wonderful game and Hwoarang is my favorite character of all time. He's the kicking machine, and he has the most combos in the game. He's so unpredictable and his kicks are really powerful. His moves are so cool and you can mix them up and confuse your opponent.

Back