Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Announced via a press release, all Tesla models new and old will soon have Sonic the Hedgehog 1 added to their gaming libraries. Accessible around the world via the built-in display screen, all players need to do is plug in a handheld controller through one of the car's USB ports. The version of Sonic the Hedgehog coming to Tesla's line of vehicles is the same one released for the Sega Genesis in 1991.

Still not a fan of the Tesla interior but I love how much crap you can do with the infotainment systems.

It is nice that Tesla is adding nice games like Sonic to Tesla, and offer USB controller support for the game.

Not really, the whole USA goverment is all over them for it.

I heard Tesla disabled in-car gaming when the car is moving, or in the drive gear because of government investigating safety of driving a Tesla and gaming at the same time.

I heard Tesla disabled in-car gaming when the car is moving, or in the drive gear because of government investigating safety of driving a Tesla and gaming at the same time.
That's good to hear. My first thought was this is insanely dangerous to have people driving and gaming at the same time. I still think this is a weird idea.

Neat for when you are waiting in a parking lot but finding a charging station might be a common issue.

I honestly can't believe this wasn't a thing before.

It's funny that we can't use phones whilst driving but these large tablets with a million different things on them are fine to use.

I honestly can't believe this wasn't a thing before.

It's funny that we can't use phones whilst driving but these large tablets with a million different things on them are fine to use.

At least, the touchscreen is attach to the car, so people won't accidentally drop them like a phone or drop it if the phone is not securely attach to a phone mount for cars.

It is good that the car maker can disable the touchscreen or some apps like games when the car is moving.

At least, the touchscreen is attach to the car, so people won't accidentally drop them like a phone or drop it if the phone is not securely attach to a phone mount for cars.

It is good that the car maker can disable the touchscreen or some apps like games when the car is moving.
Sounds great for a while until you get a smeary screen. I say Bluetooth controls from any modern controller would be optimal.

They can only disable the games though. A lot of car manufacturers are now putting car controls within their infotainments system so you have to use the touch screen whilst driving to change things.

They can only disable the games though. A lot of car manufacturers are now putting car controls within their infotainments system so you have to use the touch screen whilst driving to change things.

It is too bad that car makers are removing physical controls for their stereo, heater and air conditioning from cars, and only-putting it on infotainment screens. But, people can always adjust their stereo, heater, and air conditioner before they begin driving.

Yeah, it's honestly very bad. My car has physical controls so I can operate them without taking my eyes off the road. Couldn't imagine trying to control the music or even air conditioning with touch buttons.

Yeah, it's honestly very bad. My car has physical controls so I can operate them without taking my eyes off the road. Couldn't imagine trying to control the music or even air conditioning with touch buttons.

I don't like touchscreen controls as well since they are harder to use when a car is moving. But, smaller size touchscreen controls are cheaper than many physical switches and buttons, so I think car companies and buyers like car rental companies may prefer touchscreens, so they can save a lot of money on buying many cars.

it sucks! My 2014 ford fusion was mostly touch (even the buttons were touch in a way) but my 2020 version gives more buttons which is nice. And by buttons, I mean things you press in on.

That's good to hear. Always thought it was going to be the other way around with older cars sticking with physical buttons and the newer ones going for the god awful touch system.

Back