The 4 Main Types Of Gamers

AidsorHIV said:
Someone who profits from gaming would fit under that category.
I wouldn't consider Pro Gamers as a category. That's just a job. But in their free time they can still be regular, excessive or even addicted gamers.

They could also be casual gamers, but I find that unlikely since such people tend to have a limited gaming background.

I'm probably a bit excessive in my gaming. I'll play occasionally until I'm exhausted, but most nights I'll probably just play for two or three hours tops. Gaming is basically my replacement for TV. So instead of sitting down and spending two or three hours watching whatever new and interesting show on TV, I'd rather be playing whatever new and interesting game is out. All in all though, I'll recognize when it's getting close to a time where I gotta go, and get off. Responsibilities and stuff.

Regular, with doses of Addicted.  I can't even listen to music without thinking of game design ideas and I tend to think about games quite a bit.  Of course, anime and my novel occasionally cloud that. :p

I would fall under Excessive. I am very addicted, and the school absolutely hates me because of that xD

I used to be a regular gamer when I was in high school, but now I would say I'm a casual gamer because I only really play sports games now a days. I love some sports games.

Back