froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling

The Xiaomi Mi Mix 2s is a breath of fresh air in a sea of notch wearing smartphones. Xiaomi has a different take on bezel-less design moving components like the front camera to the "chin" of the device rather than the top. This decision allows Xiaomi to create one of the slimmest bezels I've seen around three sides of the device. The Xiaomi Mi Mix 2s is an impressive package for the price and it should be considered when shopping for your next smartphone.

Source

Easier way for it to break (aka the screen to crack) if you ask me.

Screens like these are more likely to overheat while using the phone, and drain much more battery too.
And there's the issue to cracking the screen.

But to be all fair, as long as smartphones remain a gold mine, phone makers don't give a dime about these issues, considering that malfunctioning phones make even more profit if guarantee has already expired (which is the moment most devices start to cripple down by themselves any way).

Unfortunately, many Android smartphones don't get Android security updates, and stability updates after a few months or a year of the phones' release date, so these phones can be unsafe to use for web browsing, online apps, chat, voice calls, and incompatible with newer apps and games release in the future.

There would be some users who may stop using an Android phone before it breaks because the phone does not work well at running some apps, and games, or there is a faster, nicer more fashionable phone which is released in the future.

The bigger screen though would surely be more likely to break unlike smaller and more encased screens, but that's just my thoughts on it.

I found the torture and drop video for Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, and it still not broken after being tortured and dropped.

Last edited:

I wasn't expecting the phone to survive being hit with a hammer, or being thrown from a plane. It is crazy how durable glass has became, or the phone's glass is made out of bulletproof glass or has a hard screen protector on it.

I remember seeing a commercial on TV where a person stuck a piece of clear plastic on a piece of glass, and the glass did not break when someone use a hammer to hit it.

I have this Huawei phone who looks like this one. It also has full screen of the phone. I really like this especially when watching Youtube videos or movies. The only downside here is it sometimes accidentally clicked the side of the screen.

I have this Huawei phone who looks like this one. It also has full screen of the phone. I really like this especially when watching Youtube videos or movies. The only downside here is it sometimes accidentally clicked the side of the screen.

I agree, this phone looks good for watching videos where you want to use all the glass to watch video.

I'm a loyal user of Asus but I've heard a lot of good reviews about Xiaomi from my friends. They said that it is good for gaming, and for an affordable price I think this is would be a good purchase.

Well from the looks of it that phone is quite durable, when it comes to hardware and physical components the phone is quite amazing. Of course there is still the software side specially protocols, user friendly interface and features. I also have friends using this brand and they seem to be contented with it.

Hopefully more apps and games are updated to work well on full screen smartphones, so users are not accidentally tapping on the edges which maybe a problem for some apps like painting and drawing apps where a tap will draw a dot or line on the screen.

I think that kind of smartphone is at high risk of breaking the screen. That phone should be handled with care if you want that to last. Just my opinion.

I think that kind of smartphone is at high risk of breaking the screen. That phone should be handled with care if you want that to last. Just my opinion.

This smartphone was hit with a large metal hammer and dropped from an airplane at 1000 feet in a drop test video on YouTube, so this phone looks very durable.

Back