Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
So anyone here see the The Avengers yet?

Is it as good as the hype has been given it?

The reviews have been great, i wasn't planning on seeing it but i will probably give it a watch when it comes out on DVD.

This was an excellent movie. Although, when I went to watch it, it got stuck on Samuel Jackson.

I thought the Avengers was pretty good but I didn't expect it to gross as much as it has. Really enjoyed the Hulk. He had laughable moments. They already started working on the new Iron man. I did find it to build up sort of slow. The action at the end could have been a little better.

In my eyes The Avengers will probably be one of the best movies of 2012. After years worth of build up and hype I was worried it would fall flat. I shouldn't have worried with Joss Whedon at the helm though.

What I loved most about this film is that each character got the right amount of screentime. I was worried that one or two characters would be given the majorty of screen time. But no, everyone got a backstory and development. I also loved witnessing how the team comes together as they don't all magically get on at the start.

You're right there was a great mix of action and humor. There were a few points where the whole audience was laughing at my screening. I also think some of the supporting or minor characters had some great lines. Agent Coulson stole a scene where he stood up to Loki .. he's really come a long way since he appeared in the original Iron Man. I love that his character was fleshed out and at the end of the day he was a real hero.

Personally this is one of my favorite superhero movies.

It will definitely be one of my top favourite movies in 2012. I saw it in 3D (my first 3D movie experience) and I thought it was awesome :)

Back