PS4 - The Biggest Problem

PS4 The Biggest Problem

Discussion in 'The World of PlayStation' started by Demon_Skeith, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Demon_Skeith

Demon_Skeith Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Top Poster Of Month

Apparently the PS4 has a pretty big problem on its hands. What is that problem you ask? Well apparently a PS4 system is a house of dreams to cockroaches!

anyone here have this or similar issues?

2. Grungie

Grungie New Member

Money:
    $129
    I'm friends with a guy who runs a mom and pop second hand game store, and while he hasn't gotten many PS4's in, he has had the problem on 360's and has seen live roaches scurrying out of them.

3. Demon_Skeith

Top Poster Of Month

yeah, this is why I would never buy used.

4. Grungie

Grungie New Member

Money:
    $129
    Well stores usually clean them out, or if they're really bad, they just send them back. Garage sale no.

5. IntoxNitram

IntoxNitram GamingLatest Slave Staff Member Administrator

Male
    I don't know if cockroaches are really a problem here in the UK - but touch wood I don't think I've had any problems as of yet.

6. kingcool52

kingcool52 Avid GTA & FIFA Gamer Full GL Member

Male
    Money:
    $2,503
    Yeah I haven't even seen a cockroach in the UK for years. *Touches Wood*
    It's weird how developers may have to consider these type of things in the future when making their hardware :D

7. Demon_Skeith

Top Poster Of Month

Should that store over look even one egg, that is bringing an infection into your home.

8. froggyboy604

froggyboy604 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Money:
    $22,248
    There is a chance that new game consoles contain roaches. Sometimes electronic factory may have roaches, and the roaches may sneak into the console before they are boxed up. Roaches can survive about a week without water, so if a new console was recently made, it may contain living roaches.

I agree buying used console may contain living roaches. Unless the console is cleaned, and use electronic cleaning spray, which you can get on Amazon, to clean up circuit boards, and the spray may kill the remaining roach eggs, and roaches which the vacuum missed because the spray is most likely poison like most cleaners except dish soap.

9. Demon_Skeith

Top Poster Of Month

I didn't need to read this, but I'm sure if it did happen they be dead and eggless before reaching my home.

10. froggyboy604

Money:
    $22,248
    Roaches may start to eat weaker or dead roaches, eggs, and eat their own waste to survive once their food supply is eaten up. The paper manuals and box may contain enough nutrients to survive. Paper comes from trees and plants, so they may have enough nutrients to survive on for a small bug. There are some bugs that eat paper.

According to How to Kill Cockroaches | OhMyApartment :: ApartmentRatings Roaches can survive up to a month without water. They may survive longer if they have other dead roaches, insects, and stuff to eat.

It is a good idea to have roach traps around your house to kill roaches before they reproduce. Stuff, animals like rats, or people like the mailman/delivery man, or your friends and family can bring in roaches from their clothes, and stuff like food they bought from a store.

11. Demon_Skeith

Top Poster Of Month

once again, didn't need to know all of that.

12. froggyboy604

Money:
    $22,248
    I agree, learning about roaches can be disturbing.

I think there is a chance that some PS4 factory workers maybe putting roaches, and small amounts of food where it won't damage the PS4, and not be detectable by repairmen. When the PS4 was released there were articles on game blogs which say there were some overworked and underpaid PS4 factory workers who broke some PS4 as revenge for their poor working conditions.

It is also possible that dishonest PS4 repairmen put in roaches, and have pictures of the owners PS4 with roaches, and ask for more money for repairs because of roaches.

The PS2 and PS3 also has cooling vents, and got warm, but there were not many stories online of roaches living in them. Social networks like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and blogs were not as popular back when the PS2 and PS3 was released, so damaging older console were not as good as a way for revenge because fewer people would know about it except for people who used forums.

13. WitchAssassin

WitchAssassin Well-Known Member Full GL Member

Female
    Money:
    $2,713
    This is why I've never bought a used gaming console and always bought new. I've bought a game or two used but never a console. I don't want to buy someone's used console and have roaches crawling out of it. *shudders*

14. froggyboy604

Money:
    $22,248
    I think refurbished game consoles maybe safer from roaches. The repair technicians usually clean up the console with a vacuum cleaner, and cleaning tools before fixing, and testing the console.

A new console does not always guarantee that it does not contain insects. A lot of electronics factories has a lot of workers, and guests like the workers' friends and family member who come to visit them at work, so there is a chance that some workers may bring in insects and their eggs like roaches who were on their clothes, lunch, hair, and shoes. Eventually, some of the insects may crawl into the console and its parts like wires and circuit boards to lay eggs, and live in them.

If you buy a used console, and want to clean it yourself, you can follow online guides on taking apart consoles like PS3, and buy tools online to open consoles to clean them out, so there is no dust, and insects in the console after you vacuum them out, and use electronic cleaner spray ,which you can buy online, to wash and spray out stuck on dirt and dust.

There are console and electronic repair technicians which can clean your game console for a fair price. They can also test used console to see if everything is working well to see if you bought a damaged console or the console you bought is working well.

15. Rhomhie Morelh Campo

Rhomhie Morelh Campo New Member

Male
    Money:
    $38
    One of the major problems in my PS4 is the price basis of the CD's they are more becoming expensive and you need to pay real money to participate in multiplayer game plays which is quite an annoyance to me unlike PC you can freely participate in online matches.