Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Square Enix has confirmed that it will hold a Final Fantasy event at E3. Titled “The Future of Final Fantasy,” the event will be open to press from 9:00 - 10:00 a.m. Pacific on Tuesday, June 11th -- the day the E3 show floor opens -- and will feature a “special Q&A session” with Final Fantasy brand director Shinji Hashimoto.

Previously, Hashimoto confirmed that a new Final Fantasy game for PlayStation 4 will be announced at E3. The title will use presumably use Square Enix’s next-gen Luminous engine, though no official details have been revealed.
source

I know it's future, drop the MMO, gives us old school final fantasy or put the series to bed.

Keep the MMO, give us Versus XIII, and show more of XV and make it be released by next E3.

I think Square Enix is off the mark a bit. They see gamers enjoying the overblown spectacle of games like Call of Duty and think that it needs to translate into a crazy exposition of a JRPG because that's what Final Fantasy 7 was at the time. This isn't the case for many die hard fans like us. However, it must be making them money or else they would definitely rethink their strategy, right?

notglenn2 said:
I think Square Enix is off the mark a bit. They see gamers enjoying the overblown spectacle of games like Call of Duty and think that it needs to translate into a crazy exposition of a JRPG because that's what Final Fantasy 7 was at the time. This isn't the case for many die hard fans like us. However, it must be making them money or else they would definitely rethink their strategy, right?
I personally think I'm going to enjoy the 'crazy exposition of a JRPG' style. It's pretty different from their recent style and honestly, what they've been doing recently hasn't helped their case much. I particularly like that it seems to have changed to active style of battle.

Demon_Skeith said:
Well the future looks a little better now, but XV really needs to be a smash hit.
I agree, this game needs to be amazing. The previous Final Fantasies have been so lackluster and underwhelming that the title "Final Fantasy" is becoming less and less of an indicator that you are in for an epic journey with interesting characters. This one needs to be great. 

I really like the new combat and think this will turn out to be a great and memorable game.

Demon_Skeith said:
I really hope it was the KH combat system I saw. That is Final fantasy battling and should be in the series if not good ATB.
I'm hoping the same - or at least something similar. Kingdom Hearts was one of my favorite games because of the story, characters and that they changed from the Final Fantasy menu-based style to the menu/active hybrid style. It made it a lot more interesting and felt more interactive.

I find myself completely uninterested in this sort of "RPG". It has none of the mechanics that got me interested in the genre in the first place, and it feels like I'm watching a really crappy anime with good production values. It's just not my cup of tea, though they obviously will sell well. I guess I just miss the classic JRPG formula, even if it is outdated.

Well, what I gather from the event... the future of Final Fantasy is multiplatforms, since they announced Kingdom Hearts 3 and FFXV will be released on Xbone instead of being PS4 exclusives as previously thought.

I don't have a problem with that, but it seems like some Sony fanboys are angry that Xbone owners will get to play these games.

I am just a little mad about the PS3 users like myself being waiting for Final Fantasy Versus this whole time, and now it turns out it's going to be released for the next gen. Specially after the worst Final Fantasy trilogy we got for this generation.

BlackSolaris said:
I am just a little mad about the PS3 users like myself being waiting for Final Fantasy Versus this whole time, and now it turns out it's going to be released for the next gen. Specially after the worst Final Fantasy trilogy we got for this generation.
At least you know things will be good for PS4.

Back