Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Guests, Members and staff of Gamingforce, for many years I have worked hard running, maintaining this site and keeping it moving forward. For the last few months, me and the other staff members have been busy getting a plan put together to give you and this site a even better future. As owner and head administrator of this great site I am proud to announce that by August, by the time for this site's 8th birthday, we will have completely revamped in both name and look to give any gamer and a fan of this site a even greater experience! 

Here is what will come:

1. IPB no longer offers the needs for our gaming community, as such we will transfer over to the Xenforo software that will offer plenty of gaming advantages and interaction on the forum.
  2. We will abandon the gamingforce name for Edgegamer which will give us a .com and .net domain. Don't worry, gamingforce.us domain will work for sometime.
  3. We will be posting more SEO friendly and interacting topics. We will need article writers for this so do feel free to offer your services.
  4. The new forum will offer better posting notifications, username color control, new images, more connections to all your platform gaming profiles, the ability to post all info on a game by using a simple keyword and more.

And soon after the E3 week, we will be using this set up for the forum ordering:

Forum categories:

World of Gaming

- Xbox
- Nintendo
- PlayStation
- PC, Mobile & Others
Gamers Hub
- Content Creators
News (thread prefixes for the old areas such as DLC, Xbox etc)  - This will be linked to the article section on homepage.)

Other chat
Power off
- Forum Games
- Media Discussion

GF HQ
Important News & Updates
- News archive
Start Screen
- Ask The Gamer
GF support & feedback

That is all for now, any feedback or questions you have is welcomed and encouraged to leave. In the coming weeks we will be announcing more so please stay tune, GF and EG is entering a brighter future.

-DS

I know for sure all of the staff have worked incredibly hard on planning this out, myself included - the amount of sites I've searched and ideas I have planned have proved a long task. But it shall all be worth it and I encourage every member to prepare themselves but also expect much greater things from the new version on GF, well, Edge Gamer.

Whoa...there 8 years O.O
That's really cool.
Great job Demon_Skeith. Can't wait to see the new updates in action ;)

Nice! I look forward to it. I was never really a fan of the ".us" domain name. :p I hope that there will still be multiple themes like we currently have (8). 

Martin said:
I know for sure all of the staff have worked incredibly hard on planning this out, myself included - the amount of sites I've searched and ideas I have planned have proved a long task. But it shall all be worth it and I encourage every member to prepare themselves but also expect much greater things from the new version on GF, well, Edge Gamer.
Yes, truly can't thank you enough. Looking forward to your future work :)

Cierra said:
Nice! I look forward to it. I was never really a fan of the ".us" domain name. :p I hope that there will still be multiple themes like we currently have (8). 
.us is all we could get. One reason for the name change.

alakazam said:
I'm not a fan of XenForo, but oh well, I'm not going to argue... You're the owner, so you know what's best for your website... Good luck with your project, Demon_Skeith!
Hopefully you will like our iteration of it, we have some cool ideas that we can only achieve with Xenforo plugins. What do you not like about Xenforo?

Martin said:
I'm not a fan of XenForo, but oh well, I'm not going to argue... You're the owner, so you know what's best for your website... Good luck with your project, Demon_Skeith!
Hopefully you will like our iteration of it, we have some cool ideas that we can only achieve with Xenforo plugins. What do you not like about Xenforo?
It would be a shorter list to tell you what I do like about XenForo. I like its name and the notifications system. Everything else about it is pretty much inferior to IPB and WBB.

alakazam said:
It would be a shorter list to tell you what I do like about XenForo. I like its name and the notifications system. Everything else about it is pretty much inferior to IPB and WBB.
Doesn't really give me any insight at all to why you don't like it. I wouldn't say anything is inferior about any of the three, they just do things differently. 

This is great stuff, really looking forward to the year for Gamingforce or as it will be known as now Edgegamer :thumbsup:

The staff have been trying their best to come up with the best for everyone who uses this site so hopefully you guys enjoy it. ^_^

Back