THE HILLS HAVE EYES

Lleyn

Beep
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
For their 25th wedding anniversary, Bob and Ethel Carter go on vacation with their familiy. They decide to go to California with their caravan through the streets of New Mexico. Bob decides to take a shortcut, but the decision is catastrophic because the family is the victim of an accident. In the desert, they must then expect relief that will not come. The only ones who are there are the members of a clan of cannibalistic and hungry mutants. And you can be sure that their intentions are more gruesome than helping to change a flat tire ...

The Hills Have Eyes is an excellent horror movie... for those who have never seen the original. Despite being more bloody, violent and visually attractive, the narrative remains the same as the original. All shifts are identical. Characters die in the same order, in the same conditions and in the same way as the 1977 film. Even the two dogs in the film, Beauty and Beast, have the same fate! The finish is also identical and lacks a little bite. I understand that this film is a remake, but for all those who have seen the original, this version brings no surprises, which is frustrating in the long run.

Craven's film was not perfect and this new version corrects several shortcomings. The film contains more gore and the Carter family members are more developed. Our cannibal-mutants are also much uglier this time. By cons, they lost all their personality. It seems that the new director, Aja, and his accomplice were afraid to make any changes to the original script. Instead of improving the film, they remained "on the spot". While remaining faithful to the original script, it would have been interesting if the filmmakers changed the victims or added a few and altered the way they die, simply for providing some some real thrills for fans of the 1977 film. Also, unfortunately, just like the original, this new version suffers from a slow pace.

However, if you've never seen the original film, then this one will be a good and entertaining watch! Aja delivers a hard film, violent and intense that will appeal to fans of horror films. For a second horror film, Aja and Levasseur show that they have a lot of talent. The rare moments of originality of the movie kept me on the edge of my seat! Too bad there wasn't more of those.At some point I even wished I hadn't watched the first one.

Due to its lack of originality, my feelings are mixed on The Hills Have Eyes 2006 version. Whether you prefer this version or the former depends on the order in which you watched the two films. Having seen the original first, it remains for me the best version. Nevertheless, Aja and Levasseur deliver a very effective movie that has nothing to envy to its predecessor.

I watched the 2nd one it didn't seem to good, it was pretty creepy though.

Do not generally watch horror movies but watched this and now I know why I dont watch them - cause they suck.

I hated it. My friends were very excited with the film but I just hated.. what a terrible waste of my time.
Really don't know what's going on in people's mind to call something horror when it's pure garbage.

Corvus said:
I hated it. My friends were very excited with the film but I just hated.. what a terrible waste of my time.
Really don't know what's going on in people's mind to call something horror when it's pure garbage.
Well I think it was pretty entertaining compared to the "real" horror garbage out there.

Back