Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music

The game will launch in North America and Europe with English and Japanese audio and English and French text. The Thors Academy Edition of the game will bundle a hardcover art book, music CD, Mishy plush, and postcards for US$99.99. The Early Enrollment Edition will include a five-track soundtrack CD and softcover art book for US$59.99.

Last edited:
There's an rpgsite article on a hands on impressions of Cold Steel III E3 2019 demo build, sounds good :cool::

If you're familiar with the Trails series, then you already know (mostly) what to expect when it comes to Cold Steel III's gameplay - besides an overhauled battle interface that maps each action category to a single button a la Persona 5, the one major addition to the combat comes in the form of Brave Actions. By performing combat links your Brave Points gauge will rise - and at any time you can spend those points to apply one of these "Brave Orders" - buffs to your entire party - with each of your party members having access to their own unique "order". Ash's, for example, will raise your attack power and break rate.

Compared to even the recent PlayStation 4 re-releases for Trails of Cold Steel 1 and 2, Trails of Cold Steel III is a massive step up from the fidelity found in those releases. Even with that upgrade, the game runs at a very smooth 1080p/60 FPS on base PS4, and native 4K/60 on PS4 Pro. Even if Falcom's animations still feel a bit stilted compared to the competition, Cold Steel 3 is both a joy to look at and to play. Even if we're not getting a PC port at launch, at least we won't have to worry about poor performance.

Finally getting to the nitty-gritty of the translation side of things - well, NIS America hasn't actually published any screenshots of the current build of the game with actual dialogue as of the making of this preview, and I didn't have access to direct capture to showcase some examples of the dialogue myself.

I've found a good way to tell the quality of a translation can be by checking the voice direction in a game's English dub, and unsurprisingly - thanks to using the same director as the two previous titles, the samples I heard during my time with Cold Steel III today left me very impressed. At this point I can say that I'm no longer worried about the actual release, and feel like I can look forward to the game's release, this September.

Back