Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music

I really can't remember if I played this as a kid growing up, but I grabbed it for the SNES VC for my 3DS and beat it tonight, it was a pretty good game and much like metriod dread, makes me hunger for another true 2D Zelda game much like this one.

Anyone here play this or want to?

It's a great game.

I'm not gonna say I don't like the game, but it's far from my favorite. I played the GBA version back in 2006 or 2007 and I couldn't get past the first dungeon. Which makes sense because some how I was in dungeon 2 with 3 hearts and I don't think I ever did the first dungeon and if I did, I never grabbed the heart container for some reason? With 3 hearts and no idea what you're doing, dungeon 2 is a pain, especially the boss. Then I picked it up again in 2011 and got to the ice palace and I got walled really bad. It was one of the hardest, worst dungeons ever. I actually ended up breaking my GBASP while playing it because I played it late into the night, fell asleep, and it fell off my bed, so I couldn't play it again for a long time. Finally in 2014 I was able to play it again, and I beat it. It was, at the time, the last Zelda game I had to beat before I beat all the games in the series, and it was a game. I just have too many bad memories with it to like it.

That said, I vastly prefer Link Between Words, which I would say is just a better LttP.

I'm not gonna say I don't like the game, but it's far from my favorite. I played the GBA version back in 2006 or 2007 and I couldn't get past the first dungeon. Which makes sense because some how I was in dungeon 2 with 3 hearts and I don't think I ever did the first dungeon and if I did, I never grabbed the heart container for some reason? With 3 hearts and no idea what you're doing, dungeon 2 is a pain, especially the boss. Then I picked it up again in 2011 and got to the ice palace and I got walled really bad. It was one of the hardest, worst dungeons ever. I actually ended up breaking my GBASP while playing it because I played it late into the night, fell asleep, and it fell off my bed, so I couldn't play it again for a long time. Finally in 2014 I was able to play it again, and I beat it. It was, at the time, the last Zelda game I had to beat before I beat all the games in the series, and it was a game. I just have too many bad memories with it to like it.

That said, I vastly prefer Link Between Words, which I would say is just a better LttP.

not going to lie, I used a guide for this game and I still be hours behind figuring out which place to go to next really.

not going to lie, I used a guide for this game and I still be hours behind figuring out which place to go to next really.
That's fair. I don't know why I never used a guide because I've never been against them. I guess it just never crossed my mind for some reason.

The game is overrated by Zelda fans imo (def not best Zelda of all time), but I still love the game. Though I still do get annoyed at how easy it is to lose health in the game.

One of my all time favorites! I have managed to achieve a 0 games played ending along with 100% completion 10 times!

In order to achieve a 0 games played ending, you must play the game all the way through from start to end without dying or turning the game off!* And I've done this 10 times! Playing from start to finish whilst getting everything in one try WITHOUT BREAKS!!! That is very difficult to do! It takes me around 9 hours to do (although 1 run took me 14 hours)! I basically wake up in the morning, then play A Link to the Past all day until I beat it! I do this on actual hardware, not an emulator! I, for some reason, cannot do this on a keyboard!

Has anyone ever done this?

*This only applies to the SNES version! On the GBA version, saving and quitting DOES NOT count a death against you!

Legend of Zelda, Metroid Dead, Elder scrolls vs. Skyrim, Fallout, TLOU are the video games of our generation. I played Legend of Zelda ones, which is at the game villa, it's simply amazing with it's terrifying game-play xD.

yeah, I was expecting a bit more, a lot of walking around if you have no idea what to do.
I didn’t think the game was hard to figure out without a guide. Sahasrala tells you where to go in the Light World, and when you get to the Dark World, the dungeons are numbered when you pull up the map.

I didn’t think the game was hard to figure out without a guide. Sahasrala tells you where to go in the Light World, and when you get to the Dark World, the dungeons are numbered when you pull up the map.

There are a few needed items that would take a bit of time to hunt down to complete the dungeons.

I almost didn't grab the book which led to the medallions, that would have screwed me over for sure.
I remembered seeing the book in the library, and remembered I did the same thing in Link’s Awakening.

Idk, I beat the game without a guide when I was 12, and all I had to look up was how to get to the swamp palace.

I remembered seeing the book in the library, and remembered I did the same thing in Link’s Awakening.

Idk, I beat the game without a guide when I was 12, and all I had to look up was how to get to the swamp palace.

I'm not saying it can't be beaten without a guide, wouldn't mind all the hunting if I was younger, but lack of time these days :(

Back