N64 The mark of Ocarina of Time in the Zelda franchise.

AgentD

Credits
We all know about Ocarina of Time, the game that changed everything for most of us who were kids when the Nintendo64 came out in the 90's. Nothing like it was ever seen before, people loved it, and it set the scene for the rest of 3D Zeldas to come.

To me it's pretty obvious that Nintendo are pretty aware of the fact that OoT is considered one of the best games of all time. Proof of this is the 3D remake, the fact that it is the center of all the lore and the fact that when Wind Waker came out to a poor reception, their fallback plan was basically remaking OoT in the form of a direct sequel: Twilight Princess.

Now, my question is this: Do you think BotW will break the curse? Or will the Zelda Series always "chase the dragon" and try to be OoT again? Is OoT the thing we need to get away from or is it the Zelda formula in general?

I'm looking foward to reading what you have to say.

We all know about Ocarina of Time, the game that changed everything for most of us who were kids when the Nintendo64 came out in the 90's. Nothing like it was ever seen before, people loved it, and it set the scene for the rest of 3D Zeldas to come.

To me it's pretty obvious that Nintendo are pretty aware of the fact that OoT is considered one of the best games of all time. Proof of this is the 3D remake, the fact that it is the center of all the lore and the fact that when Wind Waker came out to a poor reception, their fallback plan was basically remaking OoT in the form of a direct sequel: Twilight Princess.

Now, my question is this: Do you think BotW will break the curse? Or will the Zelda Series always "chase the dragon" and try to be OoT again? Is OoT the thing we need to get away from or is it the Zelda formula in general?

I'm looking foward to reading what you have to say.

Good question, my only answer is that time will tell but already I don't think BotW will beat what OoT was since the new game may focus too much on exploring.

Back