Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
In 1996 Square released a special simplified Final Fantasy game on the Super Nintendo in hopes of popularizing the role-playing genre with the masses. It did not work. Now it's on WiiWare.

Final Fantasy fans in North America were just fine and dandy with Final Fantasy for the Nintendo Entertainment System and Final Fantasy II (which was the Japanese IV). While we were waiting for the next big FF game to hit, Square gave us Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest, a role-playing game with some serious training wheels.

Instead of random encounters, we got static monsters on the map we could choose to fight. Upgraded weapons and armor equip automatically, replacing the weaker version. The game had computer-controlled allies, much like Final Fantasy XIII, though at least in Mystic Quest you had the option to control them manually.

The game was released in Japan a year later under the name Final Fantasy USA: Mystic Quest, USA being a sure indicator to the Japanese that this was a ridiculously easy game.

And now you can play it on the Wii for 800 Wii points! Aren't you excited?

source

never knew this FF game came out.

the last few FF's have been pointing towards "bad".
Maybe for critics. They don't like anything that strays from the main genre. Except Mario. Sonic can't do 3D because he's a Platformer, but the minute Mario goes 3D, "OMG! Mario! Even if it sucks, and 3D, it's MARIO!" That's stupid.

And I looked it up. It's pretty stupid. Level cap is 41, and if you kill a monster, it's dead permanently.

I heard of this game but never thought this game was that bad. :/

Anyway, I probably won't buy this because of the reviews and plus I want to buy FF: The 4 Heroes of Light, for the DS. XD

Maybe for critics. They don't like anything that strays from the main genre. Except Mario. Sonic can't do 3D because he's a Platformer, but the minute Mario goes 3D, "OMG! Mario! Even if it sucks, and 3D, it's MARIO!" That's stupid.

And I looked it up. It's pretty stupid. Level cap is 41, and if you kill a monster, it's dead permanently.

well I say screw the critics for anything. but for me, I have not played a good FF since 9.

well I say screw the critics for anything. but for me, I have not played a good FF since 9.
Not one good Final Fantasy. Now I have to call BS on that. :p X? XII? XIII? (Soon to be) Versus XIII? 4 Heroes of Light? Remakes? Crystal series? Dissidia? Nothing at ALL!?

Dissidia is FF, but not what a FF game is about (as I'm talking RPG here.)

Crystal series, played the first one and had no idea what I was doing and I played the game for 4 days. so I dropped it.

4 Heroes of Light, have yet to get. So won't say on this one. But my expectations are high for it.

Versus XIII, see above comment.

10, meh

11, not a ff game.

12, how much longer till the end?!

13, good looking but meh.

Hahaha, I agree with some. 4 Heroes of Light is great. XI... I just don't like MMO's. XII, so true. :p XIII, I greatly enjoyed everything but the difficulty. X, that was amazing! Crystal series, I've never played them, I was just asking your opinion.

Back