The Zelda art book will reveal the timeline?

CM30

Gaming Latest Admin and Gaming Reinvented Owner
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Another reason to want it I think. From the contents page:

History of Hyrule

~Finally Revealed, The Genealogy of the Legend~

The Timeline of Hyrule, Kingdom of the Gods………………………………..68
The Legend of Gods and the Hero of Time…………………………………….70
The Downfall of Hyrule and the last Hero………………………………………..92
The Twilight Realm and the Hero’s Descendant…………………………… 110
The Hero of Wind and the New World……………………………………………..122

So... Zelda theorists, get saving your money, since this could be essential in future.

Will this be the true timeline being revealed?

I thought they once said there weren't going to reveal the timeline or something, but hey, things change, and this seems pretty cool, heh. Somebody needs to get this (or find out who has it online) and post us back some results!

I have a funny feeling that it's not going to be a full timeline, but rather it'll be very bare-bones and will probably raise more questions that it answers.

Nintendo never having an order for anything, finally throwing one together for profit.
You do know that Aonuma has explicitly stated a few years ago that there is an official Zelda timeline, but that only a small few members of the development team actually know the contents of it?

Nintendo never having an order for anything, finally throwing one together for profit.
You do know that Aonuma has explicitly stated a few years ago that there is an official Zelda timeline, but that only a small few members of the development team actually know the contents of it?

I remember reading that somewhere, and thought about it to myself while reading about this. But hey, the man posted a funny GIF and that makes up for his claim, heh. I'm a sucker for GIFs.

I now hear online the timeline from said book is as follows:

Skyward Sword

|

Minish Cap

|

Four Sword

|

Ocarina of Time (Split in to three time lines)

A: Where Hero of Time Fail

B: Where Hero of Time Wins (sent 7yr back)

C: Where Hero of Time Wins (present)

A

Link to the Past
|
Oracle
|
Link Awaken
|
Zelda 1
|
Zelda 2 Link’s Adventure

B

Majora’s Mask
|
Twilight Princess
|
Four Sword +

C

Wind Waker
|
Hourglass
|
Spirit Tracks

Is this possibly the final timeline for the series?

Until more games come out, it could very well be. I'd need to fully play minish cap to see how it would tie into a bridge between ocarina of time and skyward sword.

If that timeline is the one in the book, that's a crafty thing they've done there by packaging away all of those earlier games into their own branch. It keeps them from confusing matters with the others, and it would still make sense.

It's clever how they've got a branch which is based around the scenario that Link loses/dies in Ocarina of Time. That's a novel way of doing continuity, have a set of games based around what would happen if the player screwed up and your world was doomed.

Leads one to wonder how they'll do further zelda games, such as the one coming to the 3ds? With the knowledge of three branching timelines, it'll be fun to see where it fits in.
smile.gif

I just loved the whole aspect of figuring out how all the games fit in the split timeline theories. Now seeing them officially documented just makes the lore behind Zelda even more enticing and interesting. I makes you think how depending on ones action, can drastically change ones possible outcome.

I guess you can say I love the whole concept of time.

Back