This is the most insane 'modding' project ever...

CM30

Gaming Latest Admin and Gaming Reinvented Owner
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Brace yourselves. It's... kind of ridiculous.

This person wants to port the Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild to the Wii. No, I'm not making this up:

http://kuribo64.net/board/thread.php?id=3376

I have no idea how they plan to do this, but all I can say is 'the chance of this working out is about one in three hundred billion'. You're talking about porting a game made by 300 people over the course of 5 years to a much weaker console with a team about one tenth that size at the largest.

That's very unlikely to happen.

But hey, I guess I wish them the best of luck. If they ever succeed, well Nintendo would probably hire them there and then.

Being someone who develops a forum system for a ROM hacking community, which has an owner who's on multiple other ROM hacking communities as well, I have to give you this little advise:
If a user announces a ROM hacking project and shows no proof of any kind, just take it with a grain of salt.

However, from what I've heard from her is that Kuribo64 is a place where people like that tend to get banned really quick.
But seeing the TS of the topic has been around over there for 2 years and has almost 200 posts, he might likely not be one of them.

Being someone who develops a forum system for a ROM hacking community, which has an owner who's on multiple other ROM hacking communities as well, I have to give you this little advise:
If a user announces a ROM hacking project and shows no proof of any kind, just take it with a grain of salt.

However, from what I've heard from her is that Kuribo64 is a place where people like that tend to get banned really quick.
But seeing the TS of the topic has been around over there for 2 years and has almost 200 posts, he might likely not be one of them.

You're right on all counts. Projects with no proof are likely to never get made, and this user is a regular long enough that it makes it a tad more uncertain whether he's serious or not. I've had experience with ROM hacking communities too.

But even if he is serious and skilled... this is just too much to expect a small team to be able to do. Honestly not sure if it's even possible to run Breath of the Wild on Wii, at least without huge technical cutbacks that completely change the game.

If this turns out to be true I wish him luck, but here are two main issues. 1, it will take so long that by the time it does come out no one will have a wii anymore. 2. it will take so long the game will look bad compared to what is currently being played on the PS5 :p

Back