Other TikTok planning a major push into gaming?

cm2

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Nintendo $20 EShop
Nintendo $20 EShop
Mature Board Viewing
PSN Gift Card $20
PSN Gift Card $20
Read from vgc:

TikTok has been testing a number of HTML5 minigames on the video-sharing app in the country.

And it’s claimed TikTok, which is owned by China’s ByteDance, plans to rollout gaming more widely in Southeast Asia, perhaps as early as the third quarter of 2022.

While Reuters said it wasn’t privy to TikTok’s plans for gaming in other markets, last November Zynga soft launched Disco Loco 3D, the “first HTML5 title to debut on the platform from an official game studio partner”, in selected markets ahead of a planned global release.

One of Reuters’ sources claimed TikTok’s gaming ambitions extend beyond the introduction of minigames, while another said the platform’s games are expected to carry advertisements from the start, with revenue shared between ByteDance and developers.

“We’re always looking at ways to enrich our platform and regularly test new features and integrations that bring value to our community,” a TikTok spokesperson told the publication, while declining to comment on the company’s broader gaming plans.

Not sure how that's gonna work considering people are concerned over regular Tiktok already and that might give a bad light to gamers.

I imagine a lot of game companies and developers could get a lot of new players by publishing their games to TikTok's website, and mobile app which has a lot of users.

It will be interesting to see what they come out with. Not sure how many people are going to download and use Tiktok for games though

I can see them taking over the mobile gaming market lol.

I also think TikTok may become popular on mobile, and free web browser games.

I wonder if Tik Tok will also have a game streaming and game recording feature built-into their games.

I imagine a lot of game companies and developers could get a lot of new players by publishing their games to TikTok's website, and mobile app which has a lot of users.
I agree that TikTok could be a great platform for game companies and developers to reach new players. TikTok has a massive user base of over 1 billion active users, and many of them are young people who are interested in gaming.

They have the market. It is left for them to make good games.

Back