Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Anyone use this service? I've seen it being mentioned a lot lately.

I have not used Tiktok, but I think it is a video sharing site where videos are only a few seconds in length, and many of the videos are entertainment videos like comedy and prank videos.

Oh god! I avoid those kinda apps... they are everywhere!

I'm also not a fan of these types of short few second video sharing apps.

But, a lot of video sites like YouTube and social networks like Facebook sometimes make it hard for video creators to get views, or censor/delete videos, so I can see why some video creators now use video apps/websites like TikTok.

But, a lot of video sites like YouTube and social networks like Facebook sometimes make it hard for video creators to get views, or censor/delete videos, so I can see why some video creators now use video apps/websites like TikTok.
Yeah on tiktok they get more views

Yeah on tiktok they get more views

I think Tiktok gets more views because there arenot as many famous people on Tiktok, so regular users have a better chance of getting more views because there are fewer famous people who get more views for being famous.

I think Tiktok gets more views because there arenot as many famous people on Tiktok, so regular users have a better chance of getting more views because there are fewer famous people who get more views for being famous.
Yeah something like that...

Yeah but TikTok is very specific, it's mainly for music/singing or lipsyncing lol.

Yeah but TikTok is very specific, it's mainly for music/singing or lipsyncing lol.

I feel music/singing, and lipsyncing maybe one of the reasons that TikTok is so popular because TikTok maybe less strict about letting people sing/lipsync popular songs which are copyrighted.

I think YouTube, Instagram, and other video sites now automatically delete members' video if the song is copyrighted and the members don't have permission from the song owner to sing/lipsync the song in the video. Plus, some YouTube members report videos for copyright problems if they don't like the video or feel they need to report a video for breaking copyright laws.

I feel music/singing, and lipsyncing maybe one of the reasons that TikTok is so popular because TikTok maybe less strict about letting people sing/lipsync popular songs which are copyrighted.

I think YouTube, Instagram, and other video sites now automatically delete members' video if the song is copyrighted and the members don't have permission from the song owner to sing/lipsync the song in the video. Plus, some YouTube members report videos for copyright problems if they don't like the video or feel they need to report a video for breaking copyright laws.
Yeah, that's probably one reasons why it's popular. It does look fun .. I just never really rode the bus like most people. Maybe I should give it a go :p

Yeah, that's probably one reasons why it's popular. It does look fun .. I just never really rode the bus like most people. Maybe I should give it a go :p

I watched a few TikTok videos embedded on websites, and it does have some fun videos. I feel TikTok is popular because there are not as many angry and depressing themed videos like angry and sad political news videos which can be sad to watch, or make the watcher feel anger.

I watched a few TikTok videos embedded on websites, and it does have some fun videos. I feel TikTok is popular because there are not as many angry and depressing themed videos like angry and sad political news videos which can be sad to watch, or make the watcher feel anger.
Yeah they usually consist of people having "fun" by singing or miming to music/songs. I find it a joyful experience.

Yeah they usually consist of people having "fun" by singing or miming to music/songs. I find it a joyful experience.

I feel TikTok is sort of like Vine which was an app and website which mostly have videos of people having fun, and doing party and magic tricks.

I guest, the coronavirus outbreak may make websites and apps like TikTok more popular because many people are stuck at home, and there are a lot of songs people can sing and mime, or do short tricks like magic tricks.

I feel TikTok is sort of like Vine which was an app and website which mostly have videos of people having fun, and doing party and magic tricks.

I guest, the coronavirus outbreak may make websites and apps like TikTok more popular because many people are stuck at home, and there are a lot of songs people can sing and mime, or do short tricks like magic tricks.
Yeah most likely the usage rates have gone up since the outbreak. Good for the developers, bad for us :p

Yeah most likely the usage rates have gone up since the outbreak. Good for the developers, bad for us :p

I also feel the outbreak may make Tik Tok more popular because the videos are short, so people can download and watch them in a few seconds instead of many minutes. I read on news sites that websites like Netflix, YouTube, etc are having problems because of so many people using the internet at once during the outbreak, so more people may now use sites like TikTok where downloading a video is faster.

Hopefully, TikTok is helping people stay entertain, and not sneak out of their home where they can get infected by the Coronavirus or infect others. If too many people get infected, this outbreak may last very long.

Back