Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Hello new members and current members of GF forums. This topic is will tell you how to receive emails from the admins of this forum.

I know it might seem to be a pain to register again on another site, but it makes it easier for me to email all the members on this forum. All you have to do is click on this link:

http://gamingforce.us/index.php?option=com...egister#content

And simply put in your info.

Important Notice on Receiving the Emails!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

keep in mind though that this email might end up in your spam box, when I send out the first few email's I will let you know (in this topic) to check your inboxs and then you will need to unflag it and uncheck it as spam. Doing this, you will get any emails I send.

FAQ

Can't you just send us emails from your ACP on the forum?

I can, but the jcink's email feature absolutely SUCKS! Not only do I need to do more things just to send it out, but it is a HUGE security risk to your emails.

I signed up but I can't log into the website.

There is no reason to log into the website. You can view everything as a guest as a member would. You just joined up so you can receive our emails.

I've lost the link to the webiste, where can I find it?

See the upper left hand corner of the GF forum navi links or the navi link bar (pending on the skin.), in my sig, and it is here as well: gamingforce.us

I went to the site and it's down. Why is that?

It could be a number of things, the host went down, the domain went down, or it might be under maintenance. Please keep a link to the GF forum to stay up to date with the website. www.gamingforce.b1.jcink.com

I know some things about CMS and working with websites. Can I ask a admin (demon_skeith) to become a GF website staff?

Yes you can. Just PM me (Demon_skeith) were we will talk about it.

I found a problem with the website, who do I notify?

Contact either me (demon_skeith) or cqinzx.

How often is the website updated?

Depending on the news, every 1-2 weeks. But it could take longer which we will try to avoid.

More info will be added to this topic when needed. The topic will remain open, but ONLY post if you have a question about the website. See another GF website topic to leave comments for it.

QUOTE (Demon_Skeith @ July 07, 2009 10:36 pm) Can't you just send us emails from your ACP on the forum?

I can, but the jcink's email feature absolutely SUCKS! Not only do I need to do more things just to send it out, but it is a HUGE security risk to your emails.
It is in no way a security risk. It "sucks" because Jcink would have so many emails at once, and then the server could get overloaded.

QUOTE (Stosh @ July 08, 2009 10:18 am) QUOTE (Demon_Skeith @ July 07, 2009 10:36 pm) Can't you just send us emails from your ACP on the forum?

It is in no way a security risk. It "sucks" because Jcink would have so many emails at once, and then the server could get overloaded.
your blind if you can't see the security risk, with a normal email from GF I send out almost 200 of our forum's member's emails to other members that could do what ever they like with them.

and that the sever could be overloaded is true but at the same time we know it won't happen. as I'm sure I never herd that with the IF forum email system.

QUOTE (Demon_Skeith @ July 08, 2009 10:37 am) QUOTE (Stosh @ July 08, 2009 10:18 am) QUOTE (Demon_Skeith @ July 07, 2009 10:36 pm) Can't you just send us emails from your ACP on the forum?

your blind if you can't see the security risk, with a normal email from GF I send out almost 200 of our forum's member's emails to other members that could do what ever they like with them.

and that the sever could be overloaded is true but at the same time we know it won't happen. as I'm sure I never herd that with the IF forum email system.
IF has a cluster of like 20 servers, if one goes down, they move to the other. Jcink has one server. And thats why they have BCC just put the names in there and your good.

QUOTE (Stosh @ July 08, 2009 10:43 am) QUOTE (Demon_Skeith @ July 08, 2009 10:37 am) QUOTE (Stosh @ July 08, 2009 10:18 am) QUOTE (Demon_Skeith @ July 07, 2009 10:36 pm) Can't you just send us emails from your ACP on the forum?

IF has a cluster of like 20 servers, if one goes down, they move to the other. Jcink has one server. And thats why they have BCC just put the names in there and your good.
ahhh, now I see.

The only time i actually check my email; is when registering to a forum; and have to email activate it. I never read anything i get from anywhere.

I'm always here; so no need for me to do this, i hope. I will if you think it is necessary; but, you know i always keep up with new and announcements on the forum; and, I'm serious, I only have an email for activating member accounts.

QUOTE (hcfwesker @ July 10, 2009 02:34 pm) The only time i actually check my email; is when registering to a forum; and have to email activate it. I never read anything i get from anywhere.

I'm always here; so no need for me to do this, i hope. I will if you think it is necessary; but, you know i always keep up with new and announcements on the forum; and, I'm serious, I only have an email for activating member accounts.

Lol same here I find IM is the best thing to use

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back