Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music

Time to duel! Wait... wrong pharaoh...

Sadly it sounds like it is full of bugs and ongoing problems from the series. I have pretty much given up on Total War games as the issues don't ever seem to get addressed.

Total War: Pharaoh looks like a nice game with an Ancient Egyption war theme.

I wrote a review for Total War: Pharaoh and I think it would have been better if it went down the route of Troy; using the ancient Egyptian mythology to flesh out the unit roster.

Take, for example, Total War: Troy; another entry from Creative Assembly set in a similar time period. Troy explored a historical setting but also incorporated legendary heroes, mythical creatures, and divine intervention. In comparison to Total War: Pharaoh, Total War: Troy offers a more fantastical and mythological experience. It explores a world filled with gods, heroes, and legendary creatures. This approach allowed for greater flexibility in gameplay and unit variety, making it distinct from other historical titles in the series. Given the vastness of Egyptian Mythology, perhaps a Troy- esque approach would have benefitted Pharaoh.

What do you think? It doesn't feel like a mainstream TW game. It feels like a Troy.

Back