Twilight Princess was Dark, Majora's Mask was Dark...

Wuffy

Unleash The Monado~!
Awards
Credits
... Now how about another dark and depressing Zelda game? X3 The tone set in both of these games were one of the best I have yet to feel in any of all Zelda titles. It's like... Venturing into the Bottom Of The Well... But having it last throughout an entire game! In all honesty, I could replay both these games as much as I want just to have the same feel I did with the first playthrough.

An example would be the HD Zelda that was showcased to offer the visuals of the WiiU, with the high powered engine, would a dark game fit well with the system? Having a pinch of horror in a game like Zelda was always a good idea, the ReDeads in TP nearly sent me pouncing away from the television, but it was the best feeling it could give! And with the real-time clock in Majora's Mask... Most people may disagree, but this was one of the best elements in the game...

What could make the next Zelda be so atmospheric as these? ;3

I approve. Although TP's dark theme didn't enthuse me nearly as much as MM's did.
True, MM had no mercy if you just didn't do what you were told to do. Which was great, and the multiple side quests were great. Now all it needed was more than four temples, to help pile up on the maximum hours of gameplay. ^^

MM was epic and I can't wait to start playing it again. (starting tomorrow) Haven't played TP yet ( get the hero clothes and that's it). But yes, we need a dark themed Zelda again.

Actually if you think about it, Zelda II was the first dark themed Zelda game made.

MM was epic and I can't wait to start playing it again. (starting tomorrow) Haven't played TP yet ( get the hero clothes and that's it). But yes, we need a dark themed Zelda again.

Actually if you think about it, Zelda II was the first dark themed Zelda game made.
Because of Dark Link?

Honestly I can't remember Twilight Princess being dark besides the actual darkness. However I want another dark Zelda game like Majora's Mask. I like the thought that everything will die and they all know it and you have to stop it or the world will end. That makes me feel accomplished. I feel like I saved the world then.

However I want another dark Zelda game like Majora's Mask. I like the thought that everything will die and they all know it and you have to stop it or the world will end. That makes me feel accomplished. I feel like I saved the world then.

It was the sidequests that made me feel attached to the characters. Kafei's story was interesting, and the fact you can go back and help only a few people is a bit sad. You feel slapped in the face if you had not done any good deeds and get a -- Hey, listen! It's that word again! -- dark feeling for having no accomplishments.

However I want another dark Zelda game like Majora's Mask. I like the thought that everything will die and they all know it and you have to stop it or the world will end. That makes me feel accomplished. I feel like I saved the world then.

It was the sidequests that made me feel attached to the characters. Kafei's story was interesting, and the fact you can go back and help only a few people is a bit sad. You feel slapped in the face if you had not done any good deeds and get a -- Hey, listen! It's that word again! -- dark feeling for having no accomplishments.
Yeah. I remember it took me 5 times to beat the Kafei side quest the first time. Every time I failed I would feel like crap because it was so sad. There's only a few games in which I get attached to characters. Majora's Mask is probably the only game I've ever gotten attached to pretty much every character in the game. No matter how small the role was and how little you saw them, I loved them all. *Thinks about Tingle.* Sure even him. I mean in later play throughs I never talk to him anyway since I know the entire place by heart.

Not cause of Dark Link, the whole game was made darker and more mature. But you really can't tell by 8-bit sprites.

I've been looking it up, but I can't find how Zelda II was a dark and mature game. I mean the only thing I can think of is Link getting healed, but that's mainly people thinking too much into it. I guess it could be dark since
they're using Link as a sacrifice to revive Ganon.
Then again I only beat Zelda II once and I was really young so I don't remember the story either...

Directly from the Zelda II Manual, the first part of the Zelda II story:

Hyrule was on the road to ruin. The power that the vile heart of Ganonhad left behind was causing chaos and disorder in Hyrule. What's more, even after the fall of Ganon, some of his underlings remained, waiting for Ganon's return. The key to Ganon's return was the blood of Link - the valiant lad that overthrew the King of Evil. Ganon would be revived by sacrificing Link and sprinkling his blood on the ashes of Ganon.

If that is not a dark setting then what is?
Also in case nobody has notice this yet, this is the ONLY Zelda game that have TWO incarnations of Zelda at the same time. Just read the story and check it out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back