PS5 Twisted Metal Game Reportedly Canceled By Sony Amid Mass Layoffs

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Username Style

A massive sweep of layoffs has rocked various Sony first-party studios today, including Naughty Dog, Guerilla Games, and Insomniac. Another victim is Firesprite Games, the UK studio behind The Playroom games and The Persistence, and an additional casualty from that studio is reportedly a new Twisted Metal title.

According to Bloomberg’s Jason Schreier, Firesprite had a Twisted Metal game in the works that has now been canceled. He reports that the game was a live-service title and very early in development, so it was not yet officially greenlit.

So are they writing this off on their taxes?

The only way this should have been brought back was with David Jaffe at the helm. I know some people feel Jaffe and a few others are dinosaurs, but we've seen twisted metal WITHOUT Jaffee. Remember TW3 and TW4?

Damn, Twisted Metal was one of my favorite games. The tv series is awesome!

You know, at first when I saw the tv series wasn't going to be like the game I thought it would fall on it's face. Even though it's not really tied to the games, that show was damn good and needs season 2 asap

You know, at first when I saw the tv series wasn't going to be like the game I thought it would fall on it's face. Even though it's not really tied to the games, that show was damn good and needs season 2 asap

its getting a season 2, was announced a while ago.

Back