Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music

Twitch streamers that have a regular group of channels that are automatically hosted after they go offline will see these users as "Suggested Channels" after the removal of hosting on October 3. According to Twitch, this change is being made to the platform because "the experience it delivers to viewers doesn’t match their expectations when they come to Twitch.” The update also suggests that although hosting on Twitch can be beneficial, it also may limit "a streamer's growth potential because they’re not able to build meaningful connections" with their audience.

What? Promoting a stream on your stream is bad for that streamer's promotion? I don't fully follow the logic here. If i was a streamer and a channel 10x my size hosted my stream, that would be awesome for me, even if most of those users didn't become active subs, it still helps for zero cost.

Maybe they wanted to promote raids, but you have to be a well-known or popular member for that I hear. Twitch just doesn't offer a good outlook on engagement.

Not really a big deal imo. Go ahead and raid someone instead or just pull up their stream and watch it with your viewers... pretty much the same thing. Don't see why you would need a special mode for it.

Maybe they wanted to promote raids, but you have to be a well-known or popular member for that I hear. Twitch just doesn't offer a good outlook on engagement.
The only major thing that they are after is after their own pocket. They are epitomized in greed.

Back