Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Elon Musk said Sunday that he plans to change the logo of Twitter to an “X” from the famous blue bird, marking what would be the latest big change since he bought the social media platform for $44 billion last year.

In a series of posts on his Twitter account starting just after 12 a.m. ET, Twitter's owner said that he's looking to make the change worldwide as soon as Monday.

“And soon we shall bid adieu to the twitter brand and, gradually, all the birds,” Musk wrote on his account.

The change isn't surprising given Musk's long history with the name “X," says Allen Adamson, co-founder of marketing consultancy Metaforce. The billionaire Tesla CEO tweeted last October that “buying Twitter is an accelerant to creating X, the everything app.”

Musk’s rocket company, Space Exploration Technologies Corp., is commonly known as SpaceX. And in 1999, Musk founded a startup called X.com, an online financial services company now known as PayPal.

“Not sure what subtle clues gave it way, but I like the letter X,” Musk tweeted Sunday.

Hours later on Sunday, Linda Yaccarino, the longtime NBC Universal executive Musk appointed as Twitter CEO in May, weighed in on the move.

“It’s an exceptionally rare thing – in life or in business – that you get a second chance to make another big impression,” she wrote on her Twitter account. “Twitter made one massive impression and changed the way we communicate. Now, X will go further, transforming the global town square.”

Source

I feel X sounds like a more serious name than Twitter which sounds like a more fun name.

I bet, X would get millions of search engine visits from people who search up X, XX, and XXX on search engines for different reasons.

That's kind of random! Well he can do what he wants with his social media platform, and I'll do what I WANT with MY FORUM!

Elon Musk and messing up Twitter is like 5 & 6. He won't just leave it alone.

Symbolically it's better than birds chirping gossip, but a lot of people are just used to that.

That's kind of random! Well he can do what he wants with his social media platform, and I'll do what I WANT with MY FORUM!

That's why we run our own sites!

The logo on the website have already changed to X, but the domain is still twitter.com.

God, if they change the domain that is going to break a lot shit.

I feel X sounds like a more serious name than Twitter which sounds like a more fun name.

I bet, X would get millions of search engine visits from people who search up X, XX, and XXX on search engines for different reasons.

This could be the reason as well and when you factor in the fact that Twitter allows adult contents on their platform too. So, a win-win, yeah?

This could be the reason as well and when you factor in the fact that Twitter allows adult contents on their platform too. So, a win-win, yeah?

I think some adult content sites with X in the domain name were trending on Twitter yesterday. I heard X.com now let some users earn money from posting content.

There is also an action movie called XXX who had Vin Diesel as a main character. I think Twitter could get web traffic from people searching for information on the XXX action movie, but the searcher just type X instead of XXX, so they got x.com as the first result.

I think some adult content sites with X in the domain name were trending on Twitter yesterday. I heard X.com now let some users earn money from posting content.

There is also an action movie called XXX who had Vin Diesel as a main character. I think Twitter could get web traffic from people searching for information on the XXX action movie, but the searcher just type X instead of XXX, so they got x.com as the first result.
Search engines might just need more clarification. For instance saying "X Social" instead so they can give the most accurate results.

Search engines might just need more clarification. For instance saying "X Social" instead so they can give the most accurate results.

I agree Search Engines may need some changes to give people accurate results like making a checkbox or command saying people want to search for the social network, or to search for the English definition or history of the letter X.

That's why we run our own sites!

God, if they change the domain that is going to break a lot shit.

Yeah it would break a lot of crap if he did! like links to Tweets or whatever they are called now.

Last edited:
I think just leave it alone. People associate Twitter with Twitter not any other name, symbol, brand. Just like when Facebook changed to Meta. I still see & hear people say Facebook. I don't even know what became of the new Meta term. Anybody know?

Back