Staff member
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
Steal Penalty
Steal Penalty
Steal Penalty
Steal Penalty
So Ubisoft has canceled three games and restructuring it's company due to low sales of it's games. In July of 2022 they canceled four games. It's unclear what any of those games were, however I have a theory that one of them was Mario + Rabbis 3. Take that with a grain of salt.

Ubisoft have been on the downward spiral for a while now. They will still cancel more games the way I see it.

Posted about it here too before, maybe the thread should be merged? MisterBobbyPin Techno

Posted about it here too before, maybe the thread should be merged? MisterBobbyPin Techno
Darn it, didn't look hard enough. Guess we gotta, sorry.

Hopefully, Ubisoft cancelling games does not causr many of their game workers losing their jobs because their game got cancelled.

I feel it will stay downhill if they keep Brawlhalla as an Esport. We need games with Rayman or at least take something away from the realism elements they do for so many titles. Maybe they need a new IP and reduce buying for some of the assets or making, that have realism to them aside from environmental stuff. Why just put all their effort into crossovers? I hope they can figure out what they have that helps them out the most and make something original for once.

Hopefully, Ubisoft cancelling games does not causr many of their game workers losing their jobs because their game got cancelled.
They cancel games when it's not metting their expectations in sales most likely.

They cancel games when it's not metting their expectations in sales most likely.

I agree poor sales can be the reason for cancellations.

I imagine some games may get cancel because the company is having difficult time finding skilled workers to maintain the game, and add new content for the game because of skilled worker shortages.

I imagine some games may get cancel because the company is having difficult time finding skilled workers to maintain the game, and add new content for the game because of skilled worker shortages.
It's always a disappointment for gaming companies when game's they have invested in fails to meet expectations.

With layoffs in certain places, I can imagine some of the shortages will fill up but not all of them.

More companies are laying off their IT staffs. It's getting worse by the day.
But if it's a good-paying job how much would they be willing to allow training for people potentially able to fill their job rather than keep a lesser pay scenario?

But if it's a good-paying job how much would they be willing to allow training for people potentially able to fill their job rather than keep a lesser pay scenario?
I really don't understand why they have chosen that path but in the end, it's all about what works best for them.

I know that new IPs are scary for a big company but they've been far to reliant on sequels for years. It was only a matter of time before they've squeezed the last drop out of their various series.

Back