Ultimate Game Challenges!

Mother/EarthBound Collection

Greatest Mother/EarthBound Fan & Influencer
Awards
Credits
Here's how it works: Complete challenges listed below as many times as you like on different OR same games. Each challenge is worth a certain point value unless otherwise specified with a "???" or "Mystery". Challenges with ??? are determined on how much you do of that challenge. Mystery is just that.

They are recommened only for games you know and love good enough to do these challenges. If you do a game you have never played before, we can discuss bonuses.

Whenever this topic dies is when a winner will be declared. Well here you go. You can post your own challenges the same way as a reply to this topic only.

1. Complete a game while viewing the screen upside-down. From the very start of the adventure. Do not adjust position until the first time you die. (???)

2. Complete a new game while having your eyes closed. From the very start of the adventure. Do not open eyes until the first time you die. (???)

3. Complete a game while only fighting or killing Bosses and Mini-Bosses. (10)

4. Complete a game while having your character jump everytime their feet touch the ground. (8)

5. Give yourself a time limit for a certain level and try to complete it within that time limit. Must be at least 25 seconds before average completion. (???)

6. Complete a whole game within a specified time limit. (???)

7. Exceed beyond a level of a character at least 10 levels greater than the average level you are usually at when you complete any RPG. (5)

8. Complete a game without dying even one time. (7)

9. Complete a game while distracted by something else the entire time. Multitask. (12)

10. Complete a game in each possible control option you can set for that game. (20)

11. Complete a game without using any warps, glitches or cheats. (2)

12. Complete a game while it is set on the highest difficulty level without dying at least 7 times. (15)

13. Discover an undiscovered glitch in a game. Please search the internet for if it has been discovered or not. (20)

14. Show that you are able to play 2 or more games on various systems at one time. i.e. keep switching after you pause. (Mystery)

15. Complete an extremely hard game, based on what the internet says. LIKE SINISTAR! (Mystery)

16. Come up with a very awesome and successfully performed strategy in FPS games. (10)

17. Complete a game with every available character you can unlock in that game. Does not include ONE character in the game. (???)

18. Show that you are able to play a game with 1 hand. (17)

19. Show that you are able to play a game at least 1 day straight without breaks of ANY kind. (Mystery)

20. Come up with at least 20 ways to kill your character in a simgle level. (20)

Well i could think of more but i think 20 is enough. Please post every detail. State what challenge you did, what game you did it in, if there were any technical problems orinterrupotions while you were attempting the challenge, EVERYTHING!

1. Complete a game while viewing the screen upside-down. From the
very start of the adventure. Do not adjust position until the first time
you die. (???)

I used to do this in the 80's and 90's playing my NES on my bed, just because.

2. Complete a new game while having your eyes closed. From the very
start of the adventure. Do not open eyes until the first time you die.
(???)

Yeah, no. Not to an adventure game lol DDR, definitely.

3. Complete a game while only fighting or killing Bosses and Mini-Bosses. (10)

Name a MegaMan game for NES or SNES and i've done this - except to MM7. Hmm.. I should do that on my PS2 later... TigressStar can vouch.

4. Complete a game while having your character jump everytime their feet touch the ground. (8)

I do this sometimes anyway in Mario Games because I get bored with just running,

5. Give yourself a time limit for a certain level and try to complete
it within that time limit. Must be at least 25 seconds before average
completion. (???)

I hold a lot of speed run records -.-;

6. Complete a whole game within a specified time limit. (???)

Most games make you do this in order to unlock things like Resident Evil 1 and the rocket launcher. Could beat Mario 2 in under half an hour using warps lol or 1 in under 15 minutes the same way.

7. Exceed beyond a level of a character at least 10 levels greater
than the average level you are usually at when you complete any RPG. (5)

I max my characters at the beginning of the game, usually. :/

8. Complete a game without dying even one time. (7)

I can do that to any Zelda game from OoT or earlier (Not a fan of the later ones)

9. Complete a game while distracted by something else the entire time. Multitask. (12)

I've done that a LOT just ask TigressStar... *cough*

10. Complete a game in each possible control option you can set for that game. (20)

MegaMan only has one control scheme ;)

11. Complete a game without using any warps, glitches or cheats. (2)

So, basically, beat them as I usually do?

12. Complete a game while it is set on the highest difficulty level without dying at least 7 times. (15)

See my reply for number 11.

13. Discover an undiscovered glitch in a game. Please search the internet for if it has been discovered or not. (20)

Oh, trust me, I do this all the time with games I am reviewing. Ask Raithgar and stonewoot @.@

14. Show that you are able to play 2 or more games on various systems
at one time. i.e. keep switching after you pause. (Mystery)

I've played DDR and Drakkengard for PS2 at the same time, and when I played FF11 I was playing Xenosagas 2 and 3 as they came out while playing the MMO as well.

15. Complete an extremely hard game, based on what the internet says. LIKE SINISTAR! (Mystery)

MegaMan 10, 9, and Super Ghouls and Ghosts for PSP

16. Come up with a very awesome and successfully performed strategy in FPS games. (10)

Does being one of the top 10 players in the world for over 2 years prove anything?

17. Complete a game with every available character you can unlock in
that game. Does not include ONE character in the game. (???)

Mega Man Powered Up - Roll and ProtoMan

18. Show that you are able to play a game with 1 hand. (17)

I beat Pocket Fighter using a DDR pad - so no hands - on expert difficulty using Ryu.

19. Show that you are able to play a game at least 1 day straight without breaks of ANY kind. (Mystery)

LMFAO Final Fantasy 11 the MMORPG - only stopped to use the bathroom. Average play time without breaks = 3 days straight for 9 years.

20. Come up with at least 20 ways to kill your character in a simgle level. (20)

See the game "I Want To Be That Guy.

For any citation, ask Stonewoot or Tigress - they can pretty much vouch as they bared witness.

you die. (???)

(???)

i said from the start of the adventure, not an adventure game. And everything you complete has to be done after you read this topic.

you die. (???)

(???)

i said from the start of the adventure, not an adventure game. And everything you complete has to be done after you read this topic.

Typically, an adventure is only in an adventure game or RPG (which still falls under adventure game in classification) or it cannot be considered as having an adventure in it. Both of those styles of games would be damned-near impossible to beat with your eyes shut. Mario games, Zelda, Final Fantasy... yeah not happening.

As for doing it after reading the topic, yeah you have me confused with someone who wishes to exert themselves like I used to lol

you die. (???)

(???)

Typically, an adventure is only in an adventure game or RPG (which still falls under adventure game in classification) or it cannot be considered as having an adventure in it. Both of those styles of games would be damned-near impossible to beat with your eyes shut. Mario games, Zelda, Final Fantasy... yeah not happening.

As for doing it after reading the topic, yeah you have me confused with someone who wishes to exert themselves like I used to lol

platformers have adventures, even shooters have adventures, which are missions. an adventure is about traveling and exploring

you die. (???)

(???)

platformers have adventures, even shooters have adventures, which are missions. an adventure is about traveling and exploring

platformers ARE adventures - note my example of Mario.- like i said, this challenge is impossible. you said a game not a level, so... yeah not plausible

other than that though, good list. typing with one finger - on phone atm, so forgive my grammatical errors..

you die. (???)

(???)

platformers ARE adventures - note my example of Mario.- like i said, this challenge is impossible. you said a game not a level, so... yeah not plausible

other than that though, good list. typing with one finger - on phone atm, so forgive my grammatical errors..

i never said complete the entire game. the points vary how far you get with your eyes closed. i said to use games you know by heart didn't i? it is possible. in Super Mario World i know whats in the level by heart. and i got up to the level before the first castle. points vary.

you die. (???)

(???)

i never said complete the entire game. the points vary how far you get with your eyes closed. i said to use games you know by heart didn't i? it is possible. in Super Mario World i know whats in the level by heart. and i got up to the level before the first castle. points vary.

You said "complete a new game" that insinuates the entire game as described in the use "complete". Take the word 'new out' and your sentence is "complete a game" which by correct grammatical definition means beat the game entirely hence the word "complete". You may wish to go back and change it to 'progress as far as possible in a game' if that is what you meant then.

complete

Definition

com·plete

[ kəm plt ]

ADJECTIVE

whole: having every necessary part or everything that is wanted
"a complete set of Dickens"

finished: having reached the normal or expected end
"The washer stops when the last spin cycle is complete."

absolute: being the greatest degree of something
"a complete waste of time"

perfect: having all the necessary qualities or abilities for a particular role
"She is the complete diplomat."

you die. (???)

(???)

You said "complete a new game" that insinuates the entire game as described in the use "complete". Take the word 'new out' and your sentence is "complete a game" which by correct grammatical definition means beat the game entirely hence the word "complete". You may wish to go back and change it to 'progress as far as possible in a game' if that is what you meant then.

complete

Definition

com·plete

[ kəm plt ]

ADJECTIVE

whole: having every necessary part or everything that is wanted
"a complete set of Dickens"

finished: having reached the normal or expected end
"The washer stops when the last spin cycle is complete."

absolute: being the greatest degree of something
"a complete waste of time"

perfect: having all the necessary qualities or abilities for a particular role
"She is the complete diplomat."

wow you make me mad sometimes, it doesn't matter now anyway, iv already said what i meant.

Back