Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Read the full article here on the GF website

As owner and head admin of the GF forums, I am opposed to the USA bills SOPA and PIPA. Although I will not darken the site as many others are doing such as Wikipedia, jcink.com, and reddit. know that I am fully against it and after today I hope many more rally to stop this billy.

You can stop it by going here:

http://wikimediafoun...PA/Blackoutpage

These bills must not pass!

Well instead of this forum being "dark", I guess this post will do.

Google covered is name in protest of SOPA/PIPA too.

Well instead of this forum being "dark", I guess this post will do.

Google covered is name in protest of SOPA/PIPA too.

I don't making GF 'dark' will strike it hard to a politician (or help our traffic flow and SEO). But being a news site, were better off being up and going reporting on how SOPA is doing then being dark and having people pass on by knowing what is already going on.

Well, it's not really "privacy". It's more like "piracy". Either way, these bills prevent me from expressing my 1st Amendment, and thus should not be passed.

Congress is backing away.

They went at this so wrong though. They want to target sites like The Pirate Bay, but the bill is so broad, that people mistook it. I blame Congress.

While SOPA has been shelved until February, PIPA is still very much alive and being considered and from my understanding it is just the same bill handled by a different jurisdiction in the States. Over here in Britain we are pretty riled up to. My university is full of students opposing this bill even though it isn't a British bill. Unfortunately, rumors are surfacing of a European version being written which seems a bit redundant considering SOPA pretty much gives these companies the ability to censor the internet regardless of location or jurisdictional limits but we need to wait and see I guess. All I can say is I think we have just hit the calm before the storm.

PIPA is a bill to coincide with SOPA. If SOPA isn't passed, then PIPA won't either.

Really? I thought that even though SOPA had been shelved, PIPA was still an issue due to the fact that they are operating within different jurisdictional groups.

Back