Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
This is Super Smash Land, the Game Boy release of Nintendo's bestselling brawler that never existed until now. And, yes, that's Kirby and Mario duking it out at Peach's Castle in monochromatic glory.

Super Smash Land is the creation of digital artist Dan Fornace, writes Piki Geek, an 8-bit de-creation that manages to squeeze good-natured mascot-on-mascot violence onto a d-pad and two buttons. It's not actually made for the Game Boy—don't fire up that emulator just yet—but an interpretation of how a Smash Bros. game released in 1990 would look.

The de-make is being built by Fornace in Game Maker 7, so you'll play it on your PC whenever (if ever) it's released. Ultimately, four-player support is planned with appearances from Mario, Kirby, Link and Pikachu in the small roster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dmHjdUere4

source

I love it when fans make something that nintendo is too lazy to make.

update:

Super Smash Land, a Super Smash Bros. game remade to the constraints of the GameBoy (but not, literally, for it) has a playable demo now available for free on the PC.

Designer/programmer Dan Fornace says the project's been underway since September, and says in addition to Mario, Kirby, Link and Pikachu, the game will feature two secret characters when released. Brendan Becker, the game's sound engineer, says when the finished game is released, its chiptune soundtrack will also be made available for free. "I'm paying attention to detail where it counts and making sure the music and sounds are independently 100 percent possible using GameBoy hardware," Becker said. "Everything is done by hand from scratch, even the coin and fireball noises that sound pretty close to the originals.

get the demo here

source

I'll get this later.

Back