Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Looks like SE has finally spilled details on the final FF 13 trilogy game. Many of the details include Lightning is going to face her final battle, so he asked the character designer to convey the power in her eyes. The game will offer players a lot of ways to customize their version of Lightning. Her outfits will be about more than just aesthetics. They affect her abilities.

Character control will be more dynamic. She'll be able to hang off ledges, pull herself up, jump, duck behind corners. You'll be able to move her around in battle, a first, they said, for the series.

When the game begins, the world, called Nobus (Novus?) Partus, is 13 days away from the end. She has 13 days and 13 nights to save humanity. The game runs on a doomsday clock, shades of The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask.

More here

sounds like there finally adding the KH battle system to FF. took them long enough.

That's what separates Kingdom Hearts from Final Fantasy though, so now it loses it's originality, however, it sounds like an open world game, and that is great. I also like the customizable aspect. It's disappointing that we are role playing one character in a role playing game, but overall I am looking forward to the game. I wonder when in 2013 it will come out.

So then FF13-3 is going to combine FFX-2's dress sphere type costume changes with western roleplay styled armour changes... And then merge it into a Kingdom Hearts style battle system and then add some Tomb Raider style movement systems into FF13-3 to top it all off?

Based on that description, I can't really say I'm all that excited for FF13-3. Then again FF13 kind of burned me and turned me off the FF13 series. Perhaps my opinion will change when I see this game in action.

Though didn't FF12 also have the ability to move around the battle area? Not to the extent they mention, but people could run around...

screw originality, the KH battle system should be the standard RPG battle system for all games.
That's what the difference between a turn based RPG and an Action RPG is! What's the point of having the two different types of games if it's just the same play style?

Well SE has pretty much ruined the new turned based RPG by trying to add action to it (at least thats what I think they were trying for.) But I know other games share similar play style and they seem to do well.

Like I said, kind of. It still combines Action into what Final Fantasy is known for, so I don't know, it's not completely original.

Again, Final Fantasy was always based around being Turn Based. Regardless, this game will be great! I really hope the story is good though. I haven't really been disappointed yet by a main title, but what else can they add to the Fabula Novalis?

Update:

New details have surfaced about the design mantras behind Square Enix's recently announced Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Returns.
An interview in the latest issue of Famitsu, translated by Andriasang, reveals that the game will come with just one ending and that it'll be a happy one.
Despite this, the game is apparently being designed to encourage players to go through and complete it multiple times, and the length of the game will reflect this (i.e. it's not going to take hundreds or even, apparently, tens of hours to complete).

Depending on your actions, the remaining life of the world can also increase and decrease, meaning the world could end before the previously mentioned 13 days. It also appears that each of these in-game days will last between one and two real-world hours.
So it looks like Lightning's adventure is going to be a very different experience to the ones that have come before. Also in the interview it's mentioned that Hope will make an appearance, guiding Lightning by wireless com, and that this entry in the Final Fantasy XIII series will be "World Driven", asking players to consider how they interact with the changing world.

There's no reference to a potential release window, but the game is apparently about 30% complete. Seeing as we heard at the start of August that the game had only recently entered production, it seems the game is making good progress, regardless.

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII will be the final game to feature Lightning and is due out on PS3 and Xbox 360.

source

Well, I enjoy turn based, and if they make XV, that will probably be turn based too.

And I wonder what the trophy list is... Please don't have a gold saying beat the game with 13 days remaining...

Back