Vastking G800 gaming tablet with Apollo Lake, Windows with detachable controller

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling

I like that the screen is 8 inches, and it seems pretty fast playing "King of Fighter", and the other action RPG game.

It is also cool that it has a version of this gaming tablet with 6GB of RAM, and SSD support for installing a bigger sized SSD storage drive.

But, the 32GB of built-in storage maybe good enough if you just mainly plan on using this tablet for Streaming your Steam games from a Gaming PC on the same home network or Playstation Now or Gamefly Cloud Online Streaming Gaming service.

Since the Switch was shown, I already had the feeling we'll see PlayStation and Xbox variations of this in the future (Nintendo Switch is quite a futuristic device after all).

But I do wonder whether this tablet will make much noise or not?
My current tablet (Surface Pro 3) makes terribly lot of fan noise when doing some video editing, playing games, updating software installed from AUR, or browsing heavy websites on Linux (and practically all the time on Windows when I had it installed for a while).

Since the Switch was shown, I already had the feeling we'll see PlayStation and Xbox variations of this in the future (Nintendo Switch is quite a futuristic device after all).

But I do wonder whether this tablet will make much noise or not?
My current tablet (Surface Pro 3) makes terribly lot of fan noise when doing some video editing, playing games, updating software installed from AUR, or browsing heavy websites on Linux (and practically all the time on Windows when I had it installed for a while).

This tablet has a 1.1GHz Intel Pentium N4200 processor according to Vastking G800 is a Nintendo Switch for Windows 10 gamers , so I'm not sure the CPU is fast enough to heat up the tablet where a fan is required instead of using a fanless cooling system. There is no mention of a fan cooling system on posts I read about the tablet, so I think it maybe fanless.

I don't see Sony of MS following the Switch hype train, but I know other tablets will do so.

Back