Multi Very rare Famicom/NES game (Mr.) Gimmick to be released on various consoles later this year

D-Pad Doc

The Neopian Otaku
Full GL Member
Credits
Link to the news regarding this from Bitwave Games themselves.

One of my Nintendo Switch game wishes sort of came true. Bitwave Games just confirmed that they will be bringing over the sought after Famicom/NES game Gimmick! (Mr. Gimmick in Europe, but only released in Scandinavia there) over to modern consoles and PC later this year. It may not be a port of Gimmick! EXACT☆MIX, the exA-Arcadia exclusive upgrade to Gimmick!/Mr. Gimmick, but it'll do nicely for those who want to own Gimmick! legit without shelling out over one grand just for the original Famicom/NES Game Pak.

Here's the trailer for Gimmick! Special Edition for those interested:

Gimmick! Special Edition will be available on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, XBOX One, and PC (via Steam) later this year (exact date unknown, but hopefully before the holiday season). I'll do what I can to snag a pre-order of this from Clear River Games before it's too late.

Don't be fooled by the cutesy audiovisuals, this game is brutal. I don't know about Dark Souls brutal, but it may be comparable in terms of difficulty.

This game gives me a vibe similar to Mega Man. In that case, it looks slightly more manageable, but maybe updated options like save states would be appreciated. With that being said, this game looks enjoyable and the visual animations look great for their time. It did not look easy to make unless it came out later in the system's life span like Super Mario Bros. 3.

Back