Video games you would rate 10/10

Out of the games I have played recently I would probably put The Last of Us and The Witcher III: Wild Hunt in the 10/10 category. I can still find problems with both, at least on a personal level, but they are as close to perfect as you can get in my opinion.

I'd rate The Last of Us as 10/10. I thought the game had a great story, gameplay, characters, etc. Very unique experience.

I say any old games like Mario RPG (SNES/N64), megaman X, and anything fun.

I think the only games I'd rate as 10/10 would be Starbound and Terraria. They're such unique masterpieces. Specially Starbound (although this seems to be a fairly unpopular opinion). I love how the game captured perfectly all the aspects of space. You need a "FTL" (Faster Than Light) ship to walk around the universe, to explore planets and galaxies which you can bookmark and build your own civilization in. The abundance of items is what makes me so excited about it, too, specially because it's still in a beta version.

The onlygame that deserves a 10 would the The last of us, it is the best game ever, and no other game can claim that title.

That's a great question, it has been very interesting reading some of the answers in this thread.

There are a couple of games that I would rate 10/10 because they fulfill what they set out to acomplish. But i will dedicate this post to one of my personal favorites: Half Life, the games gives you a long intro so you know exactly what's going on, but after that it is every man for himself, you feel like you're in Gordon Freeman's shoes as he tries to survive one room at a time, killing aliens and shady military man as you do everything you can to escape Black Mesa. The Music is great, the graphics were great for its time and the gameplay (the best part of the game in my opinion) is awesome, it keeps introducing new weapons just as you think you know everything you need to know about killing aliens.

Great game! Play the HD remake if you haven't :)

Well, for me giving out a 10/10 to a game is because all the good features are vastly remarkable and the downsides are not so bad either. Mario Galaxy 2 for me deserves a 10/10 because it was a great improvement for another excellent game: Mario Galaxy. An almost perfect 3D platform, so smooth, accurate and diverse. The first fallout is the epithome of a immersive RPG, until now, no isometric computer rpg achieves an almost perfect balance between a narrative driven plot and a roleplaying experience. You will rarely find a villain as disturbing and fascinating as the master.

One of the stand out games of all time for me, and one that I'd rate as 10/10 is GTA San Andreas. When that game came out, I think leading up to the release date we as told to expect something special, and unlike a lot of games that get released, Rockstar definitely delivered with this game.

Open world games had been around for a while of course, but I think this took them to an all new level as it truly was the first game where we could do exactly whatever we wanted, and not only was the actual story good to follow, the amount of other things to do hadn't been seen before in a game. Playing it now it seems dated, but at the time it was probably THE stand out game to come out on the Playstation 2 and when you look at the amount of titles that got released on that console that have gone on to be considered classics, that's saying something.

Would it be cliched to say The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time or Super Mario Galaxy? Because I'd rate them both 10/10. Near perfect controls, excellent level/dungeon/world design, fantastic graphics for their console they're on and soundtracks which are both extremely impressive in their own ways.

Back