Views on Blogs which display articles and video horizontally at the top of the blog's homepage?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I don't like blog homepages which horizontally display many article links and summaries in small boxes and rectangles at the top of the blog's homepages.

Kotaku.com , Polygon.com , and Theverge.com are some popular blogs which list article summaries at the top of the homepage.

A lot of the times, the articles which are promoted to the top few homepage article boxes in the header are articles which I am not interested in, and I need to spend a few seconds to scroll to the new post section of the homepage which is further down the blog's homepage.

This can get annoying I will admit especially if you are not interested in what is at the top of the page. There is nothing worse than having to scroll down to get to something you are interested in and having to go past so much you are not interested in.

It's a little bothersome, but I don't read that many blogs that have this kind of interface, so I can't say I'm very upset about it.

Back