Views on websites which use magazine style website templates layouts which look like a magazine?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I don't like website templates which look like newspapers and magazine layouts.

I prefer website templates which are similar to forums and traditional blogs which post article title links on one line, and the articles are organized by date where the newest articles are on the top, and older articles are lower down the screen.

Pinterest.com is a popular websites which use a fullscreen website template which use up the entire screen by filling them with article summary boxes with a title, pictures, and text about the article.

I am not a huge fan of websites that try to make themselves look like a magazine or anything similar, never liked the layout and I find it off putting. I like to see a basic layout where everything is simple and it's easy to navigate.

I guess I'm ok with them. While I do prefer the website layouts that look like forums, the ones that look like magazines (Pinterest, for example) don't bother me that much.

ahh that kind, yeah not the best.

I agree, it is not the best.

But, Drudgereport.com does finish loading pretty quickly because of the simple layout and lack of bigger files like complex CSS, HTML, and big images.

Back