froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Chinese electronics firm LeEco is buying American TV manufacturer Vizio for $2 billion. The acquisition was announced during a press event this morning in Los Angeles, giving LeEco an instant foothold in the US television market. Under the deal, Vizio will be operated as an independent subsidiary, with the company's current management team staying in place and working out of its offices in Southern California. Vizio's data business, Inscape, will be spun out into a privately held company, with LeEco owning 49 percent. Vizio CEO William Wang will serve as chairman and CEO of Inscape, owning the remaining 51 percent. The LeEco deal is expected to close in the fourth quarter of this year.

Read More

Wow, 2 Billion dollars is a lot of money. Hopefully, the quality of Vizio products stay the same, or becomes better.

Better I doubt, I do own a nice sound bar and have to wonder if I should buy another before they become possibly junk? Also Vizio also made blu-ray players that were complete junk.

Better I doubt, I do own a nice sound bar and have to wonder if I should buy another before they become possibly junk? Also Vizio also made blu-ray players that were complete junk.

I think it may not be a good idea to buy stuff from Vizio until you know that LeEco will still honor Vizio's exchange and warranty policy.

Better, smaller, and more affordable sound bars will most likely be release in the future.

Since you don't care about warranties, you should buy a Vizio sound bar because it maybe discontinued by LeEco in the future.

I also have not had to used a warranty, or exchange before.

It's not really that big of a sum for an entire company...

I felt LeEco overpaid for Vizio because Vizio is not popular as Motorola with a more popular brand because Motorola was one of the oldest cell phone, and electronics brands in the world. Motorola got sold by Google to Lenovo for 3 billion which is 1 billion more than Vizio's $2 Billion sale.

The owners of Vizio getting $2 billion dollars is a very good deal for the previous owners of Vizio. There are now a lot of Cheaper electronics brands like Hisense, Insignia, and TCL which are competing with Vizio for electronics buyers, so Vizio's earnings are probably not growing as fast these days.

I haven't heard of any of those brands, while Vizio is pretty much a household name. It's as popular as Panasonic around here.

Vizio is not as popular in Canada. I never saw a Vizio branded device for sale in Canada, and never hear many Canadians talk about the Vizio brand.

Insignia's is Best Buy budget electronics, and Best Buy is the biggest electronics store in North America, so I think a lot of people know about Insignia if shoppers shop at Bestbuy, and are looking for a cheap TV and other types of electronics.

Hisense, and TCL is sometimes sold in the budget electronics section at some retail stores where I live.

Back