froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
The GTX 1050 isn't enough to carry the 144 Hz Screen. A GTX 1060 option is better but is still not a great value.

OVERPOWERED Gaming Laptop 15

Specification

15.6 144Hz Screen
Intel i5-8300H CPU with 2.20 GHz speed
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 GPU with 2GB VRAM
Mechanical RGB LED Keyboard
8GB RAM with 2667 MHz speed
1TB HDD
128GB SSD
Windows 10
1080p/ 144Hz
VR ready
1x USB 2.0, 2x USB 3.0, 1x USB C
1x SD Card slot
1x HDMI Slot

Specs source

I like that this laptop has both a 1TB hard drive and 128GB SSD. The mechanical keyboard is nice. It would be better if the laptop has a faster CPU and video chip, but $1000 may not be a lot of money for a gaming laptop, so a faster CPU and video chip will raise the price where it is more expensive.

Buying a Walmart OP branded laptop maybe good if buyers are able to exchange a broken laptop for a non-broken laptop at a Walmart physical store instead of sending a broken laptop back to a laptop maker like HP, Dell, Acer for repairs.

Last edited:
they are charging 1k for this and its not even a i7? Lol, lame.

I wonder how long that thing will last. If I will to buy a product I also considering the brand.

I think this laptop should last a few years if you properly maintain it by occasionally blowing out dust, and dirt from the intake and exhaust air vents and fans, and do regular Windows maintenance tasks like Scandisk, disk cleanup, virus scans, etc.

The laptop does have a 1 year warranty. If the laptop last the entire year without breaking, it may last a few more years depending on how well you treat the laptop.

they are charging 1k for this and its not even a i7? Lol, lame.

The laptop price is now $700 at Walmart's page for the website at https://www.walmart.com/ip/OVERPOWE...-128-SSD-1TB-HDD-8GB-RAM-Windows-10/682079574

This laptop have a headphone jack, Ethernet networking port, HDMI, SD Card, Mechanical keyboard, speaker jack, microphone jack, 1x USB 2.0, 2x USB 3.0, 1x USB C, a secondary 1TB hard drive, 128 GB SSD Windows system drive, so this laptop is more worth it than an Apple Macbook Air which cost over $1000.

Last edited:
Still should have an i7 in it.

The laptop does come with $150 in gaming software, including full download of Paladins, PUBG, Last Tide and more, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 video chip, 15.6 inch 144Hz fresh rate Screen, 128GB SSD, 1TB hard drive and a RGB LED mechanical keyboard which may make it harder for the laptop to not cost over $699 at https://www.walmart.com/ip/OVERPOWE...-128-SSD-1TB-HDD-8GB-RAM-Windows-10/682079574

The Laptop maker probably needs to earn a few hundred dollars in profit per laptop, so they can afford to pay its workers, shipping and handling, utility bills, and buy more advertisements online and magazine ads, so people know their laptop brand exist.

Gaming laptops have fewer buyers than popular laptops made by Lenovo, HP, and Apple laptops, and cheap $200 laptops, so they may need to earn more money per laptop sold, so they can afford to pay all their technical support workers, factory workers, managers, and other staff.

Back