Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Just wondering if anyone here ever paid to have an extended warranty on their Playstation systems?

I never bothered. Part of that may have been because I wait a little while after the console has come out before I've actually bought a console so they had time to get all the bugs worked out.

I decided to get it, never know when it might fail me.

I agree you never know when it might fail. Some electronics, and things in general are not as well made these days because they are cheaply made by less skilled workers, so they can break quicker.

Core users who use an electronic device for 3 hours or more everyday are more likely to have their devices fail more from using it a lot where it has heating, cooling, and power surges.

I always buy extended warranties. I think that one year (comes with the console) that we got here is just way too short for electronics. One example is when my first Xbox 360 died it was literally two months after the initial one year warranty expired. I was so, so mad that I didn't get the extended one for few euros more. Ever since I always do because it's just worth it. It covers all the possibilities of the console breaking apart or suddenly dying without a reason. It makes me feel safe. Buying a console is like an investment - I like to keep my investments secure as possible.

Didn't even think about the warranty before this to be honest. My PS4 has never broken *touch wood* and hopefully it never will. I never really pay to add additional years to the warranty. I'm usually careful with stuff so it's all wasteful for me

I always make sure I get the extended warranty. It's good to have just in case if the system fails you in that time. You never know when it might happen but most likely not it won't happen during that time. It's better to be prepared for it anyways.

Back