Watching Battles

What kind of Pokemon battles do YOU like to watch?

• Prediction Heavy (tons of switching and guesses)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Criteria Battles (rainbows/petite/other random stipulations)

• Doubles/Triples/Rotation (anything other than the regular format)

• Total voters

SpoonySage

N3DS Community Ghost Gym Leader
Awards
Credits
Just wondering. A friend of mine uploads his battles on Youtube and I just kind of post the battle numbers for mine for people to watch if they like.

I like battles that are casual and don't involve ev's. but I guess close calls are pretty cool

I like battles that are casual and don't involve ev's. but I guess close calls are pretty cool

I used to be like that, but the best I could do competitively was get a close call. When everyone else is ev-ing and iv-ing and (lets be honest) pokesav-ing perfect legendaries with perfect hidden power counters, then you really have to just to keep up. I mostly just run joke teams for fun, but I actually did well at the VGC with ev-train pokes.

Personally, I still don't bother with ivs/hidden power and won't train legendaries/anything overused.

Did you know that Nintendo's tournaments for pokemon are casual? they don't do smogons type of battles because I agree that there too hardcore.

Did you know that Nintendo's tournaments for pokemon are casual? they don't do smogons type of battles because I agree that there too hardcore.

Maybe both the younger divisions are casual, but I've gone the last two years and it was pretty much Smogon textbook stuff. Last year was very disappointing for how everyone ran the same Smogon sets and it was all weather wars. This year was actually somewhat interesting since Smogon has yet to catch up to the current gen (except in offering a few suggestions).

I would still say it was pretty hardcore though as many of the people I battled studied other VGC matches from divisions around the world to get ready. My friends and I even made a list of what to expect and were right on the money in what we called. Personally, I just used Pokemon that caught my interest, but I would still consider the way I trained to be hardcore. I even interviewed the winner of the kids division and she talked about using Smogon to learn about what moves to run. With such good resources online (and the tendency to instantly hack things in) without stipulations ALL tournaments become Smogon-style hardcore. The only way Nintendo made it "more casual" was by adding in item clause, which many online seem to ignore.

I like to think out side the box idc about what's the "best" move sset fighting the same thing over and over gets lame c'mon there are like 600 none legendary pokemon 2 use but only like 200 are used in tournament

Watching Triple battles and occasionally sweep type battles where one person just KO's the others pokemon in seconds.

I do enjoy watching battles though. but mostly from the more popular guys on YT. ironiclly though most popular pokemon battlers get butthurt really easy from mean comments or is it just me.

I use to watch online single battles on Youtube. There's always gonna be something that is overused in a game that makes you win easily and I'm quilt of that for using Yoshi to snake in Mario Kart DS wifi because not only does snaking makes you win easily, it's also fun to do.

I find that close call matches are both the most satisfying to win, and the most devastating to lose. I have this one friend who is pretty much an equal when it comes to Pokemon, and our battles are usually close. The worst loss for me was when it was down to my Typhlosion and his Charizard. I don't remember how much HP I had, but it was low. Charizard had 38 hp. I use quick attack...do 35 damage. I was soooo mad at my bad luck.

Although I do like sweeps (esp. my old Durant one), unique Pokemon combos are my favorite!

Back