Writing Ways to strengthen your relationship.

Henrywrites

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
No relationship is the same. People fall in love for different reasons. One of the things that defines a healthy relationship is discussing a common goal which the relationship is built upon. This is something that you get to find out by having a deep conversation with your partner.

There are some characteristics that most beautiful relationship have in common. Understanding and knowing these characteristics will go a long way in helping you build an meaningful, exciting and fulfilling relationship inspite of the challenges that you will encounter along the line.

1. Emotional Connection: Having a strong emotional connection with each other is top on the list of factors that makes a relationship to be healthy. One of the things that I have noticed is that there is a difference between being loved and feeling loved. When you have the feeling that you are loved by your partner, you will always have peace being with the person and the emotional bond gets better. Another thing with this emotional connection is that you always feel happier when you are closer to your partner and this is key to most healthy relationships.

2. Be open to your world: When you narrow down all expectations from your partner, you may end up putting unnecessary pressure on the relationship. This can result in arguments and little fights that can affect the bond that exists in your relationship. So, being open to doing other things that makes you happy such as going for a family meeting, connecting with your hobbies and interests is a good way to create a balance in your relationship.

3. Embrace Disagreements: There is no law that states that partners in relationship will agree on everything. Humans are created differently with varying interests. Do not be fearful of discussing your disagreement with your partner. This is something that you should have in mind when you are planning to build a healthy relationship. These differences in interest can end up in shaping the relationship.

You can also add not being too manipulative in your relationship. It's a killer in most relationships.

I say don't be crazy overall and go for someone who accepts your way of life.

You can also add not being too manipulative in your relationship. It's a killer in most relationships.

This is another point. Trying to manipulate your partner in a relationship doesn't end well in most of the relationship and it is something couples shouldn't do at all.

Compatibility matters a lot in relationship. If it's not there, it's not worth it pushing the relationship.

Compatibility in every aspect should be what partners thrive to have. You can't get it wrong with having such goal.

Compatibility matters a lot in relationship. If it's not there, it's not worth it pushing the relationship.

Compatibility in every aspect should be what partners thrive to have. You can't get it wrong with having such goal.

Sadly its not enough, still got to have that 'spark' apparently or it's a waste of time.

I've been married for over 24 years. These are great ways to strengthen a bond with your significant other. I would also add you need to actually LIKE not just LOVE the person. Being willing to compromise with each other. To remember you are a couple but also individuals & to be sure to make time for each other but your own self.

I've been married for over 24 years. These are great ways to strengthen a bond with your significant other. I would also add you need to actually LIKE not just LOVE the person. Being willing to compromise with each other. To remember you are a couple but also individuals & to be sure to make time for each other but your own self.
Wow, 24 years! Congrats my friend. A lot of people don't last 5 years in their marriages lately.

Aww! Thank you so much! I'm very fortunate to be married to my best friend. :)
That's the best way to go with marriage and it's hardly going to break on you.

It's why I tell anyone to never rush into marriage out of pressure. Marry your BFF.

ZandraJoi ZandraJoi Congrats on being married 24 years! My hubby and I have been married 21 years (it'll be 22 years in September of this year). I agree with what you said in your post.

I agree. Some people marry for the wrong reasons but I'm glad some people have it figured out that they are married to their best friend.
Most people in our society today take that path and it's why we have so many divorce.

Back