Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Currently watching the anime on Toonami and all I got to say is we need more of this anime. It's so great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsL9vhMfyrs

I love Black Lagoon; it's among the top animes that I have watched. There should be more than just 12 episodes of it. The entire plot of Black Lagoon itself interests me a ton, so that is one reason why BL is one of my top.

lmrnobles said:
I love Black Lagoon; it's among the top animes that I have watched. There should be more than just 12 episodes of it. The entire plot of Black Lagoon itself interests me a ton, so that is one reason why BL is one of my top.
there is 24 episodes plus an OVA that just came out.

The OVA actually came out back in 2010, the the english dub around late 2012 I think.
Its 5 OVAs long bringing the entire anime series to 29 episodes total.

Not to mention it covers my favorite arc from the manga Roberta's Blood Trail.

I'm a big fan of the series and agree that we need more anime, but that simply is not going to happen until the manga starts back from its current hiatus.
Not sure of the details but it just came back from a 3 year hiatus late 2013 (last chapter was back in 2010) and since Dec 2013 we have not had a single chapter bringing to the series to a indefinite hiatus yet again.

And there also isn't much the anime could cover now since the manga isn't that far ahead of Roberta's blood trail, only taking place 9 chapters after it.

Demon_Skeith said:
It be easy making filler for this series.
But would the quality of it be as good as the series based on the manga?

That would be the question here.

And regarding the english dub of the OVA, well I wasn't TO far off lol, but my point still stands that it didn't just come out and its been out for a while now, even if you take the english dub release into account which was 10 months back.

I actually watched it subbed back when it first came out in 2010, kept up with all the releases to see if it would do justice to my favorite manga arc, which it definitely did.

Demon_Skeith said:
It don't take much where they make a bad ass mission with a interesting villain with the BL crew doing their thing.
So you just want a short mission?

Or a entire arc focused on this?
Because if so given the kind of fillers I have seen in other anime series I just don't have high hopes for such a thing since it would be handled solely by the anime team rather than the original author.
But I could be proven wrong since there are SOME fillers I have liked in the past, but the majority of anime fillers just do not interest me.

Seconded, 12 episodes just isn't enough.

12 OVA's I can dig, but 12 23' episodes just doesn't cut it for any series.

ToCool74 said:
So you just want a short mission?

Or a entire arc focused on this?
Because if so given the kind of fillers I have seen in other anime series I just don't have high hopes for such a thing since it would be handled solely by the anime team rather than the original author.
But I could be proven wrong since there are SOME fillers I have liked in the past, but the majority of anime fillers just do not interest me.
just a 12 episode arc focused on the group, maybe someone going after Revy's guns.

Demon_Skeith said:
just a 12 episode arc focused on the group, maybe someone going after Revy's guns.
It could work, but I'm just on edge about reboots in general, there are a few that I did like such as the Other World arc in Dragon Ball Z after the cell saga, the Zanpakuto Unknown tales arc from Bleach, and the Demon Cat arc from Inuyasha.
So there is a chance that a filler can potentialy be good in my opinion.

But I just hope the manga series can finally start to pick up again so we can get some real material from the author translated into the anime.

Back